PDA

View Full Version : New Everride Scorpion

turfmaster
10-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Here is the latest piece of equipment for our arsenal.

Steve
10-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh very nice!

What made you decide to go with that one? Did you test any other machines out first? What did you like about this one?

wandfsmall
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I bet he got a deal on it. Everride is going away after next year, the dealers will be selling the mowers as fast as possible, and the deals will flow.

turfmaster
10-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Oh very nice!

What made you decide to go with that one? Did you test any other machines out first? What did you like about this one?

I have 2 Great Dane Standers as well as a Wright Stander. The Everride is the same machine as the Great Dane, Gravely Pro-Stance and John Deere Quick trac.
23 hp Kawasaki with a 52" floating deck. Awesome cut, goes 9 mph, handles hills pretty good but not as good as the Wright.
The price was right at $4300.00. These machines usually retail for at least $7000.00
I bought mine on Ebay.

turfmaster
10-26-2010, 01:37 AM
I bet he got a deal on it. Everride is going away after next year, the dealers will be selling the mowers as fast as possible, and the deals will flow.

I don't think Everride is going away but I think Great Dane is.

B-2 Lawncare
10-26-2010, 08:42 AM
School me up here boys
Other than the obvious being that you can stand and mow faster, than walk and mow. what are the benefits to a stand on mower vs a rider or a big walk behind? Keep in mind that i live in Wyoming and have never been around one. Out here all of my tractors work year round Just because it seams like we have six month of winter. Not that i need all of them to work all year but it will allow me to keep a few of the crew working in the winter.

turfmaster
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Standers are much more productive around landscaping, on hills etc. There foot print is smaller than a sit down Z so you can get more on a trailer. They are also about 400 lbs lighter so less rutting up of lawns. Contrary to what a lot of people think standing on a spring board platform using your legs as shock absorbers is much easier than sitting with your lower back being the absorber.
Your vision is much better and you can jump off easier to pick up debris or to bail if you get in trouble. Dollar for dollar they are the most versatile machines.
We cut everything from a 1/3 acre up to 3 acres with these machines.

wandfsmall
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Nope a letter was emailed out informing dealers that Ariens will be discontinuing the Everride & Great Dane product lines at the end of the 2011 season. From what I understand some of them will be made under Gravely but some of the products will just be dropped. I was shocked as I almost signed up to sell Everride this year.

turfmaster
10-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Well then there should be some good deals out there for the next year or so.
Why buy a walk behind for $4-5 grand when you can get a Stander. That's a no brainer to me. :)

Steve
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
a letter was emailed out informing dealers that Ariens will be discontinuing the Everride & Great Dane product lines at the end of the 2011 season. From what I understand some of them will be made under Gravely but some of the products will just be dropped.

What is your view on why that is happening?

wandfsmall
10-26-2010, 08:06 PM
What is your view on why that is happening?

Everride was worthless, they bought Great Dane from John Deere hoping to get some dealers to pull them out of bankruptcy. But Great Dane had already gone down the tubes. And Ariens bought Everride for the plant, they wanted a manufacturing facility with trained workers. They will still make a few of the mowers, most likely the stand-on units under Gravely but why would they want to have 2 different paint systems on the line, The good Everride dealers will likely be offered gravely and the other cut loose.

Too many dealers jumped ship when they shut down threw the GIE expo the year before last, dealers were without info and the other lines took advantage of it. Without a dealer network the line will die. That is why you find the line on top depends on the area, if Scags has the top dealers they are on top, same for Hustler and Exmark, proper setup of any of the quality lines and it will cut great.

Steve
10-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Do you know about the history of Everride and Great Dane mowers? How long had they been in business? What do you think led to them basically dissolving?