PDA

View Full Version : Outer State Client Help

cruzgardening
10-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey guys earlier today i got a call from a prospect asking me to see a property in one of the cities we service, i went, met up with a nice lady who said she was the property manager who showed me around the property, small rental home, and i gave her a quote. i got home and the lady called me stating the owner of the property would call me, he sure did with in 20 minutes. We talked and he wants me to do his backyards landscape also besides the regular lawn maintenance. I asked for his address where he will receive a package from our company with all the information regarding the billing and agreement which be ready for him to sign and send it back to us, or if he likes he can change or add any service, only thing is that he is in New Mexico and i live in California where the property we will service is at.

do i charge him before i do the work or how would you guys handle this account?

remember this is the first time i get this.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey guys earlier today i got a call from a prospect asking me to see a property in one of the cities we service, i went, met up with a nice lady who said she was the property manager who showed me around the property, small rental home, and i gave her a quote. i got home and the lady called me stating the owner of the property would call me, he sure did with in 20 minutes. We talked and he wants me to do his backyards landscape also besides the regular lawn maintenance. I asked for his address where he will receive a package from our company with all the information regarding the billing and agreement which be ready for him to sign and send it back to us, or if he likes he can change or add any service, only thing is that he is in New Mexico and i live in California where the property we will service is at.

do i charge him before i do the work or how would you guys handle this account?

remember this is the first time i get this.

All our accounts are the same due on the first late on the 15th. That way you have only done one or 2 mows without pay.

Steve
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Does he want the landscaping done right away or does he want the lawn serviced first? If you can do the lawn servicing first and see how he handles payment, then you might want to scale up to the landscaping.

Otherwise, I would figure you would want a certain percentage paid before work began on the landscaping for materials and such. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 prepaid?

cruzgardening
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Does he want the landscaping done right away or does he want the lawn serviced first? If you can do the lawn servicing first and see how he handles payment, then you might want to scale up to the landscaping.

Otherwise, I would figure you would want a certain percentage paid before work began on the landscaping for materials and such. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 prepaid?

hey guys thanks for the input, I ended up requesting a one month deposit upfront for the lawn care and he agreed to it so we will start by servicing this week and start the month on Nov 10th so he will be paying one month plus one week on the bill for Oct. thank you again :)

Steve
10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
How did you decide to handle any landscape work billing? Will they pay ahead of time for that too?

cruzgardening
10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
How did you decide to handle any landscape work billing? Will they pay ahead of time for that too?

yeah he will send us a check for half the Landscape job and when we are done he will send his property manager to check it out and send the rest of the payment, there is a clause in the contract which says he will pay in full after the service has been completed. we wont start the landscaping untill i receive the first check in the mail :) thank you guys

Steve
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Great job! Keep us posted on how all this works out for you.