here it is
http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81666&stc=1&d=1287882522

richsoucie
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
just noticed it says "we run all newer ford superduty trucks"
it should say "we run 2004 and newer ford superduty trucks"

Hedgemaster
10-23-2010, 10:42 PM
1. Text is a bit too close to the edges - give it room to breathe. Common mistake.

2. "FREE sanding"... move "FREE" to second line.

3. Delete the periods after "Winter Services Include" and "We Offer Services..."

4. "Today" shouldn't be capitalized unless you are going to do the same to "Schedule, Free, and Quote"

5. The last line needs to be on one line.

:)

mark123
10-24-2010, 08:15 AM
just noticed it says "we run all newer ford superduty trucks"
it should say "we run 2004 and newer ford superduty trucks"

You should just take it off altogether because, you know, who cares what kind of truck you drive? Honestly.

What's "Show Blowing"? ;)

"For a limited time only, new ..." I'd add the comma other wise it reads "only new" which is weird.

Make the services list larger, isolate it and move the service area to the bottom.

I never liked ads that say "rates starting at" but that could just be me. It also goes against "competitive rates" if someone else's rates start at $15.

"Call today to schedule a free quote"? I'd remove "to schedule".

Hope that helps. :)

Steve
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
At first glance, your flyer looks fine. It looks like a snow flyer and I am sure it will get people to read it. Now if you really want to test it. Try this. Use that flyer on half the properties you are going to distribute it too and then make another flyer for the other half.

On those other flyers, experiment by being more outrageous.

At the top, the title should be really eye catchy or it may be tossed before it is read. So maybe put something like

"Shoveling snow can be incredibly dangerous"
next line: 1,200 American die from a heart attack or other cardiac event during or after a blizzard every year, and that snow-shoveling is frequently to blame.

Then after that put, why put your loved one at risk. Call us and we will keep them safe this winter. We are professionals at snow removal.

555-2412

If you want more snow related death statistics for your flyer, read this article (http://www.slate.com/id/2244173/).

What's your view on all that?

CHEESE2009
10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Edit this to your liking;

Steve
10-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Scott,

Have you used that template in the past? How has it worked out for you?

Also, you are very creative, are you planning on creating any wild attention getting winter marketing pieces this fall/winter? Or are you planning on keeping them relatively tame?

CHEESE2009
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Scott,

Have you used that template in the past? How has it worked out for you?

Also, you are very creative, are you planning on creating any wild attention getting winter marketing pieces this fall/winter? Or are you planning on keeping them relatively tame?

I just wrote all that up in WORD lol.

As for winter, I'm not working for 'Breeze'.... I'm going to relaxxxxx and plan for summer all over again.

I have received a few calls from other companies who want me to work doing snow removal, but I'm not interested at the moment...

As for ads, man I can't wait to get them started for the 2011 season!

I love making graphics and pictures and stuff, and now that I have flash again - I'm sure my new ad is going to rock!

mark123
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Here's mine:

Steve
10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Mark,

That flyer is eye-catchy. I bet you could spin the wording in a way that would make people, pay attention and chuckle. Afterwards they could then call you for services.

jymie
10-29-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't know if from a legal aspect that it would be allowable to use Jack Lambert in advertising without his approval.

mark123
10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know if from a legal aspect that it would be allowable to use Jack Lambert in advertising without his approval.
HAHA. Are you serious?

Steve
10-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Well just having some image, regardless of who or what it is that attracts the readers attention is very important.

Something that makes you stop and say, what the heck is this all about. If the wording is then clever enough, you may just find yourself signing up another customer.

jymie
10-29-2010, 11:40 PM
HAHA. Are you serious?

Well professional athletes fall into a catagory of trademark infringement. Im just saying that could be a possibility, only takes one jerk to send your ad to his representatives and then you may have a problem.