PDA

View Full Version : STANLEY Dual Hydro Brush Mower 36in. Cutting Width, 530cc HONDA Engine, Model# 36BS

jeffery9076
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
has anyone used 1 of these http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200389663_200389663

Fresh Cut
10-23-2010, 01:38 AM
nawl, but interesting, though.

Steve
10-23-2010, 08:30 PM
How does that machine compare with others you have looked at, as far as price and hp?

jeffery9076
10-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I have used a billy goat outback 2 times for different jobs and i fill like it could be improved alot with some hydro dual pumps instead of fighting with it. I like brush cutting. The billy goat i used was a 8 hp 24" it broke down 3 times. The first time i used it the cotter pin for shifter broke i had 1 then the deck happened to have six bolts come lose and fell on top of the blade. Then after i fixed it the blade engagement was not releasing the engagement very unsafe. the rental place fixed it but quit working again after i started my 2nd brush hogging job. That was all in the spring. I just rented the other day from another place i think it was a dr brush cutter 5 1/2 hp 1 with the big wagon wheels. It would not go threw 6" grass with leaves blade engagement kept kicking back. luckily this time 10 minutes away from rental place. Took it back guys treated me like crap and could not understand what blade engagement kicking off meant. They called me back after 2 hours said they fixed it i just got my money back at least i think has not showed up on my credit card. So i went and reluctantly rented the billy goat again only 2 places here. I watched the guy start it and told him the thing sounded alot louder when the blade engagement was on said it was fine. got half the job done.and the shaft broke called them and was a little irate i think i cussed a little at owner and the mechanic. Took it back would not give me the money back said look at my contract. S0 my 2 jobs wich i make about $320 on has me in the hole so far $ 150.00 or untill the other place returns my money. And the owner when returning the outback said to me you think you tough wearing that bandanna on your head and i replied at least i have hair then he came after me HAHA. He did not make 3 steps and i told him to hit me it will be my rental place. He backed down and i went home and checked my rental agreement they put the next week date on it so technically i have not used it yet. They gave me my money back but i am no longer welcome there. To many incompetent mechanics that do not even know what loctite is. Interesting 2 days for me not counting all the time and gas i wasted. So was just wandering wether anyone has used one of these stanleys. I beleive the engine is about 15 horse honda it 530cc Duall hydros wich have to make operating alot easier. But i would think when you get it stuck it would be alot harder to get unstuck. I would just use my howard price mower but 52" is to wide and to heavy beleive me it can handle brush.

brian'slawncare
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
can you just use a regular lawn mower for brush cutting? just raise the height?

jeffery9076
10-25-2010, 05:22 AM
thanks brian but i am sure a lawnmower would not work. Its way to dense of vegetation.

Steve
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I haven't really heard of anyone using those stanley mowers but I would venture to guess they don't manufacture them. I would think another company who manufactures multiple brand mowers, makes them.

With this brush cutting it would seem the higher hp engine you could get, the better.

It's ultimately very tough to say how they would work for you unless you could try one out.

There could be a bunch of members on here that used them and liked them, but until YOU try it, you will never know how it works for you with the jobs you want to do. Does Northern Tool have any locations where you can try one of them or no?

If they don't, I might pay a premium for a brush mower, that I could try first and know it worked for what I wanted it to do.

Keep us posted on what you decide.