PDA

View Full Version : A side note to all useres and administrators

jasonw
10-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the forum but everyone needs to start using it more. I am tired of waiting more than ten minutes for a reply to my posts lol Ok I am done now, he he hee

The Cleaning Doctor
10-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry this is late......:p

jasonw
10-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry this is late......:p

Gosh how can you guys survive when you cant follow a simple order like not making me wait more than ten minutes? LOL:)

CHEESE2009
10-22-2010, 04:55 PM
http://roflcon.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/dawson-crying.jpg

I am sorry :(

The Cleaning Doctor
10-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Waiting for the reply is kind of like watching grass grow in January.:D

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Waiting for the reply is kind of like watching grass grow in January.:D

lolz i think. Here grass still grows in january.

Fresh Cut
10-23-2010, 02:47 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for the forum but everyone needs to start using it more. I am tired of waiting more than ten minutes for a reply to my posts lol Ok I am done now, he he hee

I concur.

This forum is slow as molasses on a December day!

jasonw
10-23-2010, 05:46 AM
I remember a day when reply's were fast, several in one hour. Now you may as well go camping for the weekend and check when you get back. Steve, time to do some more marketing and get more people here to quicken up these replies.

picframer
10-23-2010, 06:36 AM
I remember a day when reply's were fast, several in one hour. Now you may as well go camping for the weekend and check when you get back. Steve, time to do some more marketing and get more people here to quicken up these replies.

I concur on one side of me, people, posters, Any new, ask a question, they are asked for more details quite often then...nothing in response.

I manage another forum which has nothing to do with lane care, we have many that join, ask a question receive a response yet there is a constant back and forth.

No idea what the issue or answer is, but yea like many I find it frustrating also, I sure hope it's not the industry we are in, if we treated our clients like like this. we would fail.....IMHO

Steve
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
It is fascinating how many people will read and not participate. I think a lot of times, people feel like they aren't sure if they want to throw a response out there for fear of not being 100% sure they are correct.

Maybe if more of the members realized that it's ok to just share your opinion, they could get away from the fear of being 'right.'

Opinions are the important part!

Another thing too is, as you wait for a reply to your question, consider answer some other questions or posts.

If more members did that, responses would come a lot faster.

CHEESE2009
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
It is fascinating how many people will read and not participate. I think a lot of times, people feel like they aren't sure if they want to throw a response out there for fear of not being 100% sure they are correct.

Maybe if more of the members realized that it's ok to just share your opinion, they could get away from the fear of being 'right.'

Another thing too is, as you wait for a reply to your question, consider answer some other questions or posts.

I agree with Steve, that is my opinion.

I deserve a cookie!

LOL

I have yet to see a problem with the flow of QA's on the forum. Probably because I type too much as it is. lol

As long as I get my replies from my posts, it's like crack for me - I'm happy!

Go ahead and reply to my posts, I love the forum high I get. LMAO

This forum is fantastic!

The Cleaning Doctor
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
One thing I can say from this forum is that there is not any bashing like you see on others. It is very helpful to others. The experienced that are willing to help the inexperienced are great.

Egos seem to be put aside with the members here. Everyone started out somewhere and either flourished or floundered but the advice is always here. I am guilty of being a little harsh at times as we all can be. Don't take it personal it really means nothing in the long run. I just enjoy coming here and reading. I love watching others grow their business and handle the different obstacles that come their way.

LawnMoore
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM

haha you couldnt have put this any better!

I know the feeling, because on my other site as well, there is never a problem of getting a response. And i wish it were like this here.

Heres just the member info, i thought it would be interesting. :cool:

Our members have made a total of 328,715,550 posts
We have 602,684 registered members
The newest member is OompaLoompa
Most users ever online was 8,094 on 11 Apr 2010 16:06

But the site has nothing to do with landscaping, and its a private site so i cannot entertain any more details.

Thats quite a lot of members and posts!

jasonw
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
But we have over 21,000 members here and still noone has told me how to unstick a valve without tearing a head off nor how to draw in more business. I think 20,997 of the members are spambots lol

The Cleaning Doctor
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Bigger hammer for the valve

Crayons or pencils to draw in customers.

:D