PDA

View Full Version : Removing Leaves

Bulldozer
10-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I need some help. I have a client that wants me to remove some leaves from his property. The leaves he wants removed are in an area about 50yds long and 25 yds wide. Its where he raked all of his leaves for the past 10 years so some are rotted and some are fresh. Theres a bunch of tress, rocks, stumps and branches mixed in with the leaves. What would you guys do to remove the leaves? The quickest way I can really think of is to take out most of the rocks and branches first and then use an old junk mower to chop up/mulch the leaves up. So they are easier to vacuum up.

picframer
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Dump trailer/Junk Remover, not worth the risk if there is sand, rocks etc, otherwise we would use a mulcher.

TheFallGuy
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I need some help. I have a client that wants me to remove some leaves from his property. The leaves he wants removed are in an area about 50yds long and 25 yds wide. Its where he raked all of his leaves for the past 10 years so some are rotted and some are fresh. Theres a bunch of tress, rocks, stumps and branches mixed in with the leaves. What would you guys do to remove the leaves? The quickest way I can really think of is to take out most of the rocks and branches first and then use an old junk mower to chop up/mulch the leaves up. So they are easier to vacuum up.

What kind of vacuum are you planning on using? There may be some moisture in there if there are layers and layers of leaves. I would be careful with anything that isn't pretty industrial sized/strength. Many a hand held has been fried out by sucking up wet leaves.

Steve
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd like to see a picture of the area too.

CHEESE2009
10-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Who cares how you do it, charge him an arm and a leg!

Really imagine how long the job is going to take you so you don't under-price it.

If this job resorts to you having to walk around getting sticks & stones out of the way - ask for a deposit, you'll be there forever. Other than that, is this job worth doing if you would be able to line up/replace with a few simpler more efficient jobs?

Steve
10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Any updates on what happened with this job?