PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm....Should I see results with Natures Lawn

cmpenn67
10-19-2010, 08:05 AM
I went ahead and bought some Natures Lawn products and just got it in the other day. So with that being said I put 20 oz of Aerify plus and 50 oz of Bio enhanced Fertilizer on my 5,000 Sq ft front yard. Watered it in and then waited. Each day I came home I looked to see if i noticed a change....But there was none...I figured I would not see change from the Aerify plus...But I figured I would see at least some change by putting the fertilizer on the ground.... Am I completely wrong in this thinking? Is there something else that could put on to get the grass to green up a little faster? I know I can tell them that its not a quick fix that it will improve the soil over the course of time...but here in texas people like to see results. My biggest competitor will be TrueGreen...so there is not that much competition. But everybody swears by them for a little bit until they don't get results and they nickle and dime them to death. Any Suggestions?

Fresh Cut
10-19-2010, 03:54 PM
waiting for other replies before I post my (limited) experience..

mark123
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd start with a soil test. If your pH is off you should look into fixing that first. Also what is your soil composition?

The Cleaning Doctor
10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
If you want Green really fast.... Iron will do that. Andy a little while back suggested a book and I would say get that and read it. I did and it is great even if it is an older book.

mark123
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
If you want Green really fast.... Iron will do that. Andy a little while back suggested a book and I would say get that and read it. I did and it is great even if it is an older book.
If the pH is off then adding iron may have no effect. There may already be plenty of iron in the soil (most likely there is).

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I would soil test to be sure the issues. How bad was the yard to start?

The fert is in chelated form I think is the term meaning it ready to be absorbed and used instantly by the plant. If you havent noticed results something is wrong. Weather its PH or not I do not know.

Also I would buy aerify and NM seperate. You gave them a heavy dose of 10oz of A and 10oz of NM in that mix because its 50/50. So ur missin another 10oz of NM if you were trying to get a heavy dose of NM as well.

Also being seperate makes it easier to mix for each yard. And cheaper in the long run.

cmpenn67
10-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I will get a soil test done...As far as the yard goes it was not in that bad of shape. I had healthy st. augustine grass...but I did have two spots that were giving me fits where weeds would constantly grow. I will upload a picture sometime tomorrow of it before I applied the application. Thanks for the help. I sprayed my parents yard Sunday so I'm going to go by tomorrow and see if I can notice a difference also...Hopefully I can see some results!

cruzgardening
10-21-2010, 10:30 PM
I will get a soil test done...As far as the yard goes it was not in that bad of shape. I had healthy st. augustine grass...but I did have two spots that were giving me fits where weeds would constantly grow. I will upload a picture sometime tomorrow of it before I applied the application. Thanks for the help. I sprayed my parents yard Sunday so I'm going to go by tomorrow and see if I can notice a difference also...Hopefully I can see some results!

Mayb this helps.

I live in california i just bought my gardening route from a friend but i been working with a small landscaping company for several years and when i was working with the compnay they had a client with St Augustin grass when the compnay got the account the client had horrible looking grass we tried everything overseeding with clovers to improve the soil composition adding compost and many other things but for 2 years every summer the grass would start turning brown and dying off in 2 major parts so my supervisor did a soil test everything came balanced, he aerated the grass but still the grass always died back on the same spots. I read a book that said to remove that area of grass and add compost to it and mix it in 2-3 inches deep i did that and this last summer when i stop working with them the account look amazing the grass had taken over the area during summer and there was no dying back also i had increase from 10 minutes every other day to 15 minutes the timer

hope that helps :)