tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Look what happened to me

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:16 PM
another pic

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:25 PM
This is the story. *I have been wanting to get another WB blower either this year or next year. *Last year I sold off my 10HP Billy Goat Blower because I really didn't have a need for it, well recently I have been needing another one. *But before I jump into another Billy Goat blower, I decided that I wanted to try out a Little Wonder. *Everybody talks about them, so I wanted to compare it to something. *

So I go down to the local rental station, and rent a Little Wonder 9HP Honda for the day. *I have two jobs that I could use it for, so what the heck. *Well, I don't know if many people know that the chute for a Little Wonder has to be changed manually by bending down near the muffler, compared to the Billy Goat which can be adjusted with a control at the handle bar.

So I bent down to change the chute angle, and I could feel the heat from the muffler and I was about 8 to 12 inches away from it. *No problem, I have felt heat similar to that many times from other equipment; snow blowers, mowings, etc. *It's just a little heat that kicks off from the muffler. *

Well, next thing I know I could feel the heat a lot more. *I stand up and my coat is burning and smoking, and has a huge hole in it...so I take off my coat and throw it to the ground and put out the smoke. *Then I noticed that my sweatshirt underneath is even burnt. *I couldn't believe. *I was lucky that it didn't go through my other shirt under my sweatshirt or I would have been burnt badly. *My shirt under my sweatshirt had some slight black marks on it of where it looked like it was going to start burning.

Let's just say that I am very lucky. *I emailed Little Wonder about, and hope to get a response from them. *Let's just say that I do not plan on buying a Little Wonder after this little episode, unless they make an adjustable chute lever.

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
here is the muffler from the little wonder website

Sorry so small....can't seem to adjust it without making it blurry

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:34 PM
here is a another pic...again sorry about the size

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 10:37 PM
circled it

Steve
10-20-2006, 10:46 PM
WOW I am glad you didnt get hurt!

Do you want to email me the picture so I can post a larger image?

tiedeman
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, the pictures that I am using there are from the little wonder website. *I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the blower that I used today. *But the muffler in that picture, is the exact same one as the one that I used today

tiedeman
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
A little update on this story...I got an email back from Little Wonder. Well, in a nutshell, it seems that they could care less sense Honda is the company that I need to talk to about it. Since it is Honda's engine, and nothing of theirs. Yeah....good attitude Little Wonder. What a bunch of @**^#!$&

I will never recommend Little Wonder to anybody at all after this situation.

Steve
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Yikes! It looks like they could at least put some type of cage or something around the muffler area to keep such things from happening.

tiedeman
10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I called Honda and left them a message. I will probably never hear anything back from them.

Steve
10-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Let us know what happens.

tiedeman
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Holy cr@p! A honda rep called me tonight. She was really concerned on whether I was hurt at all. She asked a lot of thorough questions regarding the time of day, weather conditions, model of the unit, etc. She even wanted the number of the rental place, and told me that others with Honda would be contacting me soon in regards to the matter. She also told me that they will want copies of the pictures. Pretty amazing! I will keep you guys updated

Steve
10-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I bet they are afraid of being sued and want as much information as possible to prevent a lawsuit. Not that it matters because it doesn't sound like you were planning on that anyway.

tiedeman
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I wasn't...but ya they sounded worried. *Like I told the lady, I wasn't hurt, but I was lucky. *They need to fix the problem before someone gets seriously hurt

Steve
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Ultimately, I do hope they fix it because if this would have happened in warmer weather, you might not have had a jacket on. If your bare arm had touched that muffler, that would have been a major injury!

Howard Roark
10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Oct. 23 2006,11:13)]A little update on this story...I got an email back from Little Wonder. *Well, in a nutshell, it seems that they could care less sense Honda is the company that I need to talk to about it. *Since it is Honda's engine, and nothing of theirs. *Yeah....good attitude Little Wonder. *What a bunch of @**^#!$&

I will never recommend Little Wonder to anybody at all after this situation.
Absolutely amazing that companies actually pull that crap, even if they're "big".

Was someone in Little wonder NOT responsible for allowing a Honda to be on there??

I got burnt by an Echo trimmer a few months ago, and after emailing received a response within 24 hours, and a kit to remedy the problem within 3 days. If a company, either one in the U.S.A. or elsewhere cannot do that, then they're off my list forever.

Steve
10-25-2006, 10:29 PM
What did they send you to remedy it? Was it something mechanical?