PDA

View Full Version : Needing some input on equipment

mortonslawn
10-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi, I am looking for people who own aerators, overseeders, & dethatchers. I am looking into purchasing these pieces of equipment, and I would like to know if anyone out there has good, bad, ugly on these specific things. I was looking into a Claussen Stand on Aerator. They look easy to use. Also, the dethatcher needs to have a spot where it bags the grass. I'm not raking up no acre of grass. Everything needs to be self propelled, due to my weak toothpick arms, and my husband's hand injury. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been renting this eqiupment, and it's a pain in the butt having to get an aerator, do the job aerating, then take it back, and pick up the dethatcher, do the dethatching at the job, then take it back, and get the overseeder, and get that done, and then take THAT back, and go back to the job site to fertilize the lawn. Whew! Too much running around, and not enough production time.

Thank you everyone! :D

swstout
10-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Hi, I am looking for people who own aerators, overseeders, & dethatchers. I am looking into purchasing these pieces of equipment, and I would like to know if anyone out there has good, bad, ugly on these specific things. I was looking into a Claussen Stand on Aerator. They look easy to use. Also, the dethatcher needs to have a spot where it bags the grass. I'm not raking up no acre of grass. Everything needs to be self propelled, due to my weak toothpick arms, and my husband's hand injury. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been renting this eqiupment, and it's a pain in the butt having to get an aerator, do the job aerating, then take it back, and pick up the dethatcher, do the dethatching at the job, then take it back, and get the overseeder, and get that done, and then take THAT back, and go back to the job site to fertilize the lawn. Whew! Too much running around, and not enough production time.

Thank you everyone! :D

For the cost of any one of the equipment you rent you could buy a tow behind sprayer. With the sprayer, you can aerate, dethatch and fertilize in one run. http://www.natureslawn.com

Less expensive, easier to apply and a whole lot more effective.

Steve

picframer
10-15-2010, 06:05 AM
We use Natures Lawn Care Products, we also educate the client if they are the ones mowing about thatch, we suggest The Gator High Lift blades and the vast majority of our clients use them, if we do the mowing, there is no thatch.

Cor Aeration is a patch to the problem, Aerify is a cure. Also core takes time, makes a mess etc. We sold our core aerators last year and have never looked back going the Organic way and clients rave about their lawns.