PDA

View Full Version : New From North Texas

Watkins_Landscaping
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to intro myself. I am 27 years old. I just started my own landscaping/lawn service about 3 years ago. Being doing it part time along with bartending. Looking to go full time. Hope to get some information and share some ideas from ya'll. THanks!

Steve
10-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you feel you have been pushing for growth over the past 3 years or were you taking it easy because it was p/t?

Watkins_Landscaping
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you feel you have been pushing for growth over the past 3 years or were you taking it easy because it was p/t?

I was taking it easy b/c it was part time. The 1st year I got about 20 houses a week. 2nd year I was doing about the same and this past year I had to cut back a little b/c of some family stuff that came up. Now I am ready to go all out. Looking to make some flyers, CL adds, Newspaper adds and whatever else I can think off.

I really like the break through templete you guys have offerd for free. I will use that for sure. Real cool forum here and I plan to be on it. Look forward to hearing yalls ideas. THanks

Steve
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
What do you feel are the big issues you have to overcome when going part time to full time?

Watkins_Landscaping
10-18-2010, 08:52 AM
What do you feel are the big issues you have to overcome when going part time to full time?

I am not 100% sure I guess I will find out. I am a learn as I go kind of guy but I learn real quick.

That is why I came here to seek out information. Great looking forum. Lot's of good things to help. :D

Steve
10-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Did you ever find that because you were doing it part time, you had to turn a lot of business away because of your schedule? How did you handle that?