PDA

View Full Version : Check out my latest Logos

The Cleaning Doctor
10-10-2010, 09:30 PM
After relocating I am starting up again and have redone some things. I am going to start 2 businesses this time and if all goes well...... well all I can say is that the stuff I am rolling in better not smell.... LOL

Any how I have come up with 2 names

Xtreme Property Maintenance and I already have the domain xtrememaintenance.com and the other is Xtreme Communications

I have attached the logos.... Tell me what you think?

With the maint company I am in Montana so that is the reason for the mountains.

On the communications company.... how much more extreme can you get than communicating with aliens? LOL

Dan5082
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I like the mantenince one but I don't under stand what the other is

picframer
10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I like the mantenince one but I don't under stand what the other is

I don't understand the other one either

The Cleaning Doctor
10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
The other is a play on the word Xtreme being that it is a company that will service phone systems and cabling, thus the communications part.

Well those are space ships. how much more extreme can you get for communicating? LOL Maybe I should put an alien head on the first ship?

picframer
10-10-2010, 09:57 PM
The other is a play on the word Xtreme being that it is a company that will service phone systems and cabling, thus the communications part.

Well those are space ships. how much more extreme can you get for communicating? LOL Maybe I should put an alien head on the first ship?

Communication however can mean a host of things, it would have to be more specific, structured wiring, etc...

The Cleaning Doctor
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
I get your point. There are a lot of phone and cabling companies that either are ****** communications or ******* networks and they both service phone systems and structured cabling. Go figure

I would rather do more phone system work as that is more repetitive. I already have a distributorship for a system out of Canada and not it is not Nortel.

Here I added the alien.... LOL

Steve
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM
What if you had a graphic of a satellite dish or an antenna with kind of a broadcasting wave from it?

Like these?

http://13thdoor.net/images/broadcast_art.png

http://www.lonnieperkins.com/Site/Images/LP%20Broadcast%20Logo-2.gif

http://www.roseharrisdesign.com/images/logo_broadcast.png

picframer
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Keep us updated on your move Pat and how things are going, as I recall from our email exchanges you were getting into retaining walls, I wish you the very best!

The Cleaning Doctor
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Will do Andy. So far no retaining walls but have done lots of tongue and grove on log home porch ceilings and installed laminate and hardwood floors.

After some thinking again last night and listening to input, I have changed the logo design. Going to set up one LLC with 2 DBA's of Xtreme Property Maintenance and Xtreme Communications.

Now about the logos.... I came to the conclusion last night that they really were kind of korny and at least the maintenance one too busy. Like they say Keep it simple stupid. If you look at all the well known logos, they all have one thing in common. They are based on the text of the logo... ie. coke, ibm, at&t, hp, compaq, pepsi just to name a few so here are my new logos. I have one for each DBA and one for the LLC. The kicker is that I can use the LLC logo on all shirts for both DBA's

picframer
10-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Will do Andy. So far no retaining walls but have done lots of T&G on log home porch ceilings and installed laminate and hardwood floors.

I love T & G ceilings and walls, my woodworking shop is all T & G and when I built my home 21 years ago I had 2" double T & G, 8" made for what is the ceiling of the first floor and floor for the second, it rests on 4 X 8's I had made and one 36.5' 4 X 12 that runs the entire length of the house. As soon as it was KD I treated it right away and have almost no cracks.

The floor took quite a beating from the kids over the years and I covered with hardwood laminate, cheap, easy and looks great. On the main floor it's all hardwood, the old fashion kind as I don't like the lips in the factory hardwood flooring.

All the best with your ventures, it can be really tough starting out in a new area but it sounds like you will do well and you have contacts.

The Cleaning Doctor
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Man this place just keeps going. It all started with a laminate floor install and then they added a attic ladder install and then T&G on the porch. From there I built a closet and encased it with T&G and installed hard wood floors. Then they asked me to put in a larger window in the upstairs room. Mind you this is a log home. Got that done today and they asked me to do some sheetrock and more laminate then give them prices for building an book shelf, another closet, replacing all the windows and then about chinking the back part of the house.

Gotta love good customers.

picframer
10-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Man this place just keeps going. It all started with a laminate floor install and then they added a attic ladder install and then T&G on the porch. From there I built a closet and encased it with T&G and installed hard wood floors. Then they asked me to put in a larger window in the upstairs room. Mind you this is a log home. Got that done today and they asked me to do some sheetrock and more laminate then give them prices for building an book shelf, another closet, replacing all the windows and then about chinking the back part of the house.

Gotta love good customers.

Pat, they are keeping you because you know your stuff, do good work, meet and probably exceed their expectations. We have had a few clients like this and man it makes the work so much fun when you arrive and leave to constant compliments, get paid on time and get paid well.

The upside is all our clients and everyone on here your customers have friends, I can't say enough how important it is to tap into their network.

From experience when you bid a job you can be higher than others however if you were referred by this prospects friend their is a comfort level established and they will more often than not accept your quote because of this.

Sounds in short like this move for you was an amazing one.

As for me selling the company the jury is out, I will over the winter find someone to manage it the way I do so that I can be out working with the staff or downsize it which will be very difficult as we have so much gear and it doesn't make sense having it sitting. Yes I could sell some but everything I have has a place depending on the job at hand, that would make choices very difficult.

Remember we all love pictures!

Have a super day, I am off to play in the dirt:)

Steve
10-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Are you finding you enjoy working with wood and construction more than the other services you offer?

As for me selling the company the jury is out, I will over the winter find someone to manage it the way I do so that I can be out working with the staff or downsize it which will be very difficult as we have so much gear and it doesn't make sense having it sitting. Yes I could sell some but everything I have has a place depending on the job at hand, that would make choices very difficult.

Andy,

I am sure everyone reading the forum, dreams of being where you are now. Do you think most small business owners would be better off if they kept their business small, like one or two crews? Do the dreams everyone has of growing their business ever larger come with downsides that most people don't see? Is there a point where the management side of things grows just too big and starts taking the fun out of things?

picframer
10-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Are you finding you enjoy working with wood and construction more than the other services you offer?

Andy,

I am sure everyone reading the forum, dreams of being where you are now. Do you think most small business owners would be better off if they kept their business small, like one or two crews? Do the dreams everyone has of growing their business ever larger come with downsides that most people don't see? Is there a point where the management side of things grows just too big and starts taking the fun out of things?

We are at a point that you hire an office manager to run the business for you, sell or franchise....I will do something over the winter.

IMHO ideal size is three crews max, we can run up to 9 in the summer when we are really swamped, it isn't much fun, I am running four crews now and it's flowing perfect.

Steve
10-14-2010, 07:39 PM
What is your view on why 3 crews is an ideal size?

It is fascinating you say that because it seems rare that we see a member on here running more than that.