PDA

View Full Version : exmark id

hounddog
10-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I bought a used exmark 52 inch cut most of the stickers are off it does exmark stamp a serial number in to the frame anywhere?

Steve
10-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Did you look on the frame, under the seat? There should be a 12 digit serial #.

hounddog
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Did you look on the frame, under the seat? There should be a 12 digit serial #.

there is no sticker should this be stamped in to the frame?

wandfsmall
10-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I do not know of anyplace it would be stamped on the frame, but look next to the deck height adjustment, sometimes I have seen the sticker at that location.

hounddog
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I do not know of anyplace it would be stamped on the frame, but look next to the deck height adjustment, sometimes I have seen the sticker at that location.

no sticker there any other way to tell which model it is it runs great but kinda going to be hard to get parts when i need them with out it

wandfsmall
10-12-2010, 12:27 AM
no sticker there any other way to tell which model it is it runs great but kinda going to be hard to get parts when i need them with out it

in most cases I can figure it out based on engine year and parts breakdowns. Take it in for service at an exmark dealership and ask them for a model number while it is in the shop.

hounddog
10-12-2010, 12:36 AM
in most cases I can figure it out based on engine year and parts breakdowns. Take it in for service at an exmark dealership and ask them for a model number while it is in the shop.

I'll just take the engine and trans data to them as i do almost all of my own repairs

hounddog
10-13-2010, 07:18 PM
went to the shop today for a belt all exmaks have a plate on the right under the handle my plate is gone

Steve
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Why do you think it was removed? Do you think it was stolen at one point and all identification was removed so it couldn't be traced?

wandfsmall
10-15-2010, 12:13 AM
I have a feeling you might be right steve, I have never ran across one that just fell off, some of them are hard to read but never seen one come off.

Steve
10-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Well, its a good lesson to be learned. Things to consider before purchasing a used mower.

Maybe, to cover your butt in such situations, have a written receipt from the seller.

hounddog
10-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Why do you think it was removed? Do you think it was stolen at one point and all identification was removed so it couldn't be traced?

no just old i can see the lazer z just never knew how may diff makes they made of a z i did get a copies of receipts for everything but no manuals the gravely that came with it still has it's serial number. just put 2 new rear tires on today monday it gets new plugs and front tubes and a plate for the trailer

Steve
10-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Let us know how you like it once you get it out there mowing :)

hounddog
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Let us know how you like it once you get it out there mowing :)

I love it it cuts 300x better and 100x faster than my snapper yardcruzer hey everyone has to start somewhere right

wandfsmall
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I love it it cuts 300x better and 100x faster than my snapper yardcruzer hey everyone has to start somewhere right

Most likely you should be able to get parts with little problems, an exmark dealer should be able to narrow it down by the year of the engine and engine size.