PDA

View Full Version : Mow pulling roller

cleancutlawncare5382
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
What are your thoughts on pulling a lawn roller while you mow?? I was out shopping for a new mower today and one of my local dealers was pushing the advantages. His point was smoothing the lawn (comfort). My concern was what would this do as far as compacting soil.

Your thoughts??

jklawncare
10-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I use it as an extra service. It should be done but not everytime you mow or your gonna be getting alot of dead grass and doing alot of aeration.

im not a pro on this but i know enough about it to know that it will choke the grass

picframer
10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
What are your thoughts on pulling a lawn roller while you mow?? I was out shopping for a new mower today and one of my local dealers was pushing the advantages. His point was smoothing the lawn (comfort). My concern was what would this do as far as compacting soil.

Your thoughts??

Depends on the soil and location, overall a bad idea. We roll lawns in the spring when they are soft to flatten them then apply Aerify

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Rollers are a good idea for new lawn installation. However, I think it would be overkill and damaging for lawns to provide rolling as a regular service.

Keith

cleancutlawncare5382
10-06-2010, 05:53 AM
I can see the advantage of a smoother lawn. “Easier on the tractor – Appearance” But I agree it shouldn’t be done many times. Maybe that was what the dealer was implying.

I think I will offer as an extra service, add a little to the normal mow rate. Sounds like a plan.