PDA

View Full Version : 2305 for mowing

mikey.d.thompson
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
iv thought about getting a john deere z-turn for my new lawn company but as i want to do only large ( 1acer ) or more lawns and landscaping would a 2305 with the under belly mower be a better buy as it is only 2-3000.00 more ?

picframer
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
iv thought about getting a john deere z-turn for my new lawn company but as i want to do only large ( 1acer ) or more lawns and landscaping would a 2305 with the under belly mower be a better buy as it is only 2-3000.00 more ?

Yes, the 2305 you can put a loader on it, it has a PTO so you can run a host of attachments, expand your offerings to clients and make a lot more money. I have one in our fleet with a backhoe and even that makes a lot of money.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, the 2305 you can put a loader on it, it has a PTO so you can run a host of attachments, expand your offerings to clients and make a lot more money. I have one in our fleet with a backhoe and even that makes a lot of money.

Im sure I could look it up but is there a larger mower attachment that runs off the PTO for that 2305? say maybe a 180in or so mowing path?

mikey.d.thompson
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
ok so do you mow with it ? i can only afford to buy one or the other. i guess i need to know if it will mow as good as a z-turn? i know it will not be as fast or turn like it but is the cut quality as good ? and ya i see you have a few tractors and that they seem to make more money than just a lawn mower. i wish i could buy both.

picframer
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
ok so do you mow with it ? i can only afford to buy one or the other. i guess i need to know if it will mow as good as a z-turn? i know it will not be as fast or turn like it but is the cut quality as good ? and ya i see you have a few tractors and that they seem to make more money than just a lawn mower. i wish i could buy both.

If you put a 7 Iron deck on then yes it will mow as good, will it mow as fast, not even close, you can however put a host of mowers on the back and when you do that simply because of size then it would beat a ZTR in time on a site.

You mentioned you want to do landscaping, if you want to go that route, offer a host of services then the 2305 will blow a ZTR away however if your product offering is mowing only, then a ZTR will overall blow the 2305 away.

Have you thought about other services your clients may need?

If you want the best of both worlds then the Deere X749 is the answer, we have three of these and use them for mowing, spraying, tilling, driveways etc. Bit they are actually more than the 2305.

picframer
10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Im sure I could look it up but is there a larger mower attachment that runs off the PTO for that 2305? say maybe a 180in or so mowing path?

We run a bush hog on the 2305 but overall the X749 will blow a 2305 out of the water, this is one reason JD is no longer making the 2305, there is a new series is 2011 that is the best of both worlds.

mikey.d.thompson
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
ya andy i want to do landscaping but be able to offer mowing as well. iv been planning this for about 1.5 years. iv saved up some money so that im not starting in a hole. iv read many of post about you and the x749s but i have over looked them my self, so thanks for the input and ill check those out.

picframer
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
ya andy i want to do landscaping but be able to offer mowing as well. iv been planning this for about 1.5 years. iv saved up some money so that im not starting in a hole. iv read many of post about you and the x749s but i have over looked them my self, so thanks for the input and ill check those out.

You will make more money with the 2305 if you want to do landscaping, wish I had some of you guys here or I knew your target market, the X749 is limited compared to the 2305 on the bucket which if this is your first piece, it is what I would buy. Make sure it has a 7 iron deck, you can always add a backhoe as jobs and funds allow, you can't do that with the 749