PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new guy!

freeagent53
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Hello all,
Im from the Cleveland, Ohio and it will be my first year that i'll be plowing with my own equipment. I have a cherry 99.5 F250 SD with the 7.3 powerstroke. I'll be looking for a plow the next couple days. The landscaping company I worked for has slowed down alot so i'll finally have some time to get educated on what plow would be best for my truck and accounts. Very excited for the snow to fly and to learn alot from these forums. Just wanted to say HI and if anyone has some work that needs done feel free to let me know.
Thanks
Dustin

Steve
10-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi Dustin,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things will you be doing to market your snow plowing services? Will you be getting into landscaping in the spring?

freeagent53
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Ive done the typical C-list postings and of course thats yielded little results. I do have a good reputation as ive been plowing for some years. I have two accounts as of now. A Dr's office and also plowing a couple residentials for a landlord. Ive thought about writing up some estimates for other business's surrounding the Dr's office but after that im lost. I may try to sub off of someone to keep my truck moving but thats a last resort.

As far as spring, id like to have my own lawn care / landscaping business. Id consider myself above average when it comes to lawn care and about average when it comes to landscaping. Ive done many projects on my own and have good equipment. Dump truck, scag mower, trimmers, ect.

Been doing alot of reading on this site. Good info. Thanks guys.

Steve
10-12-2010, 07:26 AM
How about contacting some local lawn care companies that dont offer lawn care and see if they can promote your services to their customers?