PDA

View Full Version : Website Question

CanadayLandscaping
10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I've been wanting to put a website up, but my wife is fighting me. She doesn't feel it is necessary at this time. I feel some people, in this age of technology, go to the internet to find companies to service there needs.

Those of you that have websites, do you get traffic from it? Get new clients? Those of you that don't have websites, why not?

As always, thanks guys!

jklawncare
10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I never got around to the process of buying one and finding a host but i do have a free site

i will be getting a new one this year without the extra.webs attachment to allow it to be free

i advertise my website on my flyers and ive had several people request services or ask questions on my website i asked how they found me and most said they saw my door flyer

few others said they saw me on google and google maps above the search results

so i think it will have alot of power if you advertise it well wether it be on flyers
on your truck
on your shirt and business cards
etc.

just make sure you get the plan that fits you best and is cheap
you can get a small business profile for little money

thats my view

jymie
10-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Having a website is a positive. It shows the potential customer that you are commited to the business and it shows your professionalism. It allows you to show off the work that you have done with before and after pictures which in my opinion is as valuable as a face to face meeting with a potential client. The internet opens you up to more people than you can give a flyer to all year long.

picframer
10-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I lot of it depends on where you live, age market you are after etc. Our website generates about ninety grand a year in business.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-02-2010, 10:28 PM
It probably does depend where you are and above all placement. And I echo the professionalism comments. But I havent generated any business yet. Yet being the key word, I havent put much focus into yet a side from getting one/creating one.

I would start with a free web or blog. We have got a lot of business from our blog spot through google. Also google maps helps tremendously.

I would start there but keep in mind that what works for one may not work for another in the same way.

CanadayLandscaping
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Alright, after thinking about it all day, and reading comments on here, and talking to the wife. We have decided to put up a web site. I quickly worked on it to get it up and running. If yall want to look at it and give me some feedback to let me know if you think I am heading in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

<a href="http://www.canadaylawncare.com/">
Canaday Lawn Care</a>

jymie
10-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Its a starting point. On your home page, maintenance is misspelled. You will want to develop a before and after picture page of your work. I can't stress how big that will become for you.

Steve
10-03-2010, 03:53 AM
That is fantastic, now you need to get on google and other search engines and submit your site along with submitting your business address in their map section.

jklawncare
10-03-2010, 06:25 AM
It looks good
its really simple and easy to navigate

id post a gallery up that will save your life..so many people go to look for pictures to be honest to see if you do a good job and when pictures are there to back your work up..they will be happy campers.

also a testimonial tab would be great too
even as a side bar on the homepage

it will allow potential customers to see that other people are happy with your work and what they have to say