PDA

View Full Version : Name Change?

jklawncare
10-01-2010, 11:03 PM
so my name is JK Lawn Care
stands for justin and kaleb

as some of you know..i seperated with kaleb last year since he really didnt do much..

i plan on getting a new partner for the year, as much as i enjoy single work, theres always the issues of time and man power.

His name is zack and i know hell work for the money
id like to have a name that dosnt involve his name incase something is to happen..

The only thing i have with my name left is some rememberances in peoples heads of my advertisements. My car decals (i plan on getting rid of the car anyways) and about 100 door hangers.

and if your afraid i would lose my word of mouth i could even put formerly jk lawn care under or in the corner of the ads..

I have an email also but i can change that no problem

I want to start working on paperwork and Advertisements tonight and this weekend and am not sure of to keep the name.

any and all advice would help a great deal

thanks so much

jklawncare
10-02-2010, 01:35 PM
ive been trying to think of names and i just cant come up with anything

everythingi come up with is taken and i dont want to be bland with justins lawn and landscape or somehting like that

i came up with one idea
tell me what you think

lawn gone lawn care

i like the sound and i cant find anything on it but does it portray that i wont be reliable?

jymie
10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
That sounds ok to me, but does it indicate the lawn will be gone? Can you incorporate your home town into the name some how? For example Pittsburgh Lawnscaping or lawn care, maybe your county if your able to expand that far.

jklawncare
10-02-2010, 05:46 PM
it sounds to generic to me
chesterton lawn care
plus my town sounds weird

every name i like is taken by someone or multiple people
all in far away states so i know i could use it if its not trademarked but i want to be original in a way

jymie
10-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Here's a bunch I copied off a site of suggestions:

A Cut Above
aaa low mowers [first one in the phone book ]
AFFORDABLE LAWN CARE
Alien Lawn Care, "Service that's out of this world."
Almost Perfect Landscaping
April Showers Lawn Care and Landscaping
Barber of the Grass
Better Lawns and Gardens
Blow and Go
Classic Gardens
Clean Cut
Copper Valley Landscaping
Creekview Lawn Care
Cut Right
Cuttin' it Close
Cutting Edge Lawn Care
Dalmatian Lawn Care...."We don't miss a spot!"
Down to Earth Lawn and landscape
Earthworks
Easy Green
Executive Lawn Care
From the Ground Up
Grass Busters
Grass Hoppers
Grass Masters
grass masters
Green Grass
GREEN THUMB
Green, Greene, and Greener
Greener Pastures Lawn Care
Greens Keeper Lawn Care
Greens With Envy
Greenscapes
Ground Control
HORDICARE
Island Breeze Lawn Care
Lawn and Order
Lawn Gators
Lawn Sharks
Lawncrafters
lawns r us
LawnWorks
Leisure Time Lawn Care
Mighty Mow
Miracle lawn mowing, "If its done right, its a miracle"
Moe Loenz
Mow Better
Mow Blow and Go
Mow n Go
Mulch N’ Mow
Oasis Lawn Care
One Man and A Goat
Personal Lawn Care
Progressive Lawn Maintenance
Pro-Landscape
Pro-Lawn
Root Bound
SNIP N TRIM
The Grass Barber
The Grass is Greener
The Green Machine
The Lawn Rangers
The Lawn Stylist
The Lawndromat. “Neat Clean and Green!”
The Sod Squad
The Three Amigos Landscaping
Turf Surfers
Weedaway Lawn Care
Who Did It Lawn Service
YARD DOCTOR
Yard Smart
ZOOM! lawn care

Hope these help!

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Is there a geographical sites/sites/landmark you could name after. Thats where we get the "Mountain View" as we have mountain views every direction, a high school(did not go to/asked that one alot), and a few different communities named that.

Hedgemaster
10-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Naming is tricky. I'm going through that nightmare myself right now.

Draw a line through "Lawn Gone". Why would anyone want their lawn to be "gone"?

;)

Don't sweat it though. Sometimes a bad idea turns into a better idea.

picframer
10-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Naming a company is critical, I was thinking if this today as we have a host of services, it's interesting that I thought I chose a name that would cover everything, yet I get so many "Oh you do that" comments on sites I am up selling other work,,,,,no idea

jklawncare
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM
i like easy green

so ill be sticking with that or working off of it i think
its small and catchy

i cant relly find anyhting on it either

therses really no landmarks except a thing called coffee creek and lake michigan haha

umm highschool is Chesterton Senior High School...nothing good there really...

open to any more ideas and advice this has been great
dead start but its been going good
thanks so much guys

Steve
10-03-2010, 02:50 AM
I like the name you have now. It's already got history associated with it. You don't need your old partner to be around anymore to keep it.

You could go with a slogan like "when you see us mowing, you'll want to say HI-JK."

or

"when your lawns growing and you need mowing, pick up the phone and say HI-JK"

You could even get personalized plated that say HI JK.

Maybe play up the fact that your company is friendly while playing off that hijk are 4 letters that follow each other in the alphabet.

jklawncare
10-03-2010, 05:18 AM
I suppose i could keep the JK and if someone asks whats the K for ill say my old partners name was kaleb.

Then go a little bit into how he didn't do much and i had to let him go in order to keep the customers happy. and that might be a little positive reinforcement for them when they think of if ill be reliable.

What do you think?

Right now my slogan is where service is always in season but i dont really advertise it so i could easily change it..

to be honest steve your post confused me a little bit

when they say HI-JK is it like fgHIJKlmn
or like Hello JK haha

i like the license plate idea as well but it seems like too much trouble as a small business owner maybe if it gets to the point where i have company trucks (multiple) i can do that..

but i hate the bmv sooo much..i dont want to wait 3 hours to find out its already taken or to get it and wait 4 weeks for it haha.

theres these license plate frames by bell i think..i saw them at kmart
there silver and have customizable text on them with plastic letters you snap through the back and then seal so they dont fall out..

it looked pretty good not too cheasy..so that might be helpful..
put my name on top and number on bottom..or slogan on bottom..

thanks for all the advice once again

The Cleaning Doctor
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
JK = Just Kut

jklawncare
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
JK = Just Kut

I love that but how could i incorporate it in? Just say that if someone asks?

justin_time
10-04-2010, 09:54 PM
That's why I try not to involve any names into my business name. I took everything in consideration before I registered my name

I had Just in Time Lawn Services but then I decided to change it to Yard since I would eventually do more than lawn so I renamed it Yard.

Hopefully you'll be able to find something easy.

Wish you good luck

jklawncare
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I really wish you didnt take that name justin because id love to have it hahahaha

I already handed out quite a few flyers for fall with JK lawn care on there but i still dont think its too late..
maybe change the logo up a little bit and play around with it until i get it right.

if it dosnt work maybe its for the best and it should remain the same.

I HIGHLY encourage new business owners to not include a partners name..its too messy ahaha

jklawncare
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I was playing around with some images from here and some texts and thought these looked neat ( not all ) some just messing around..

tell me what you think. if you like a text but not the image or the text needs an image..
give me some ideas.

thanks

justin_time
10-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I really wish you didnt take that name justin because id love to have it hahahaha

Sorry man ! I've been in business for 4 yrs now. Already taken, maybe you can modify it a bit so it looks like mine but doesn't say the same ??? Who knows

jklawncare
10-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Justin Time Lawn and Landscape? lol

nahh id feel like i stole it still

its all good haha yours is unique it should be yours.

Steve
10-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Your logos look great.

Maybe you could go with a slogan of "We give your lawn that Just Kut Look."

jklawncare
10-05-2010, 07:00 AM
-> Your logos look great.

Maybe you could go with a slogan of "We give your lawn that Just Kut Look."

which one is your favorite?

and i love the slogan ill incorporate it some how :)

Steve
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I think logo #6 on a white truck door would look amazing.

jklawncare
10-06-2010, 09:53 PM
thanks alot for your input steve

Steve
10-07-2010, 04:06 PM
If you put any graphics on your truck, I want to see it :)

jklawncare
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back up but i could use some opinions
i still cant decide on a name

heres some i was looking at (all end in lawn and landscape)

forever green
just kut
mighty mow
green sheild
grass masters
and
turf pro

any favorites? maybe a play off of one of them? something that you thought to use as a possibility before you decided on your name..
anything helps

im running out of time and cant decide

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back up but i could use some opinions
i still cant decide on a name

heres some i was looking at (all end in lawn and landscape)

forever green
just kut
mighty mow
green sheild
grass masters
and
turf pro

any favorites? maybe a play off of one of them? something that you thought to use as a possibility before you decided on your name..
anything helps

im running out of time and cant decide

Well I noticed the Just Kut Lawn Care sig on one of your post thought you had already desided on that one. Plus I think that one sounds better than the other anyways.

I dont know if your clients know you as JK Lawn Care but you wouldnt have to change anything for that as well.

jklawncare
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Well I noticed the Just Kut Lawn Care sig on one of your post thought you had already desided on that one. Plus I think that one sounds better than the other anyways.

I dont know if your clients know you as JK Lawn Care but you wouldnt have to change anything for that as well.

what do you mean i wouldnt have to change anything?

and i was partially decided.. i just dont want that to make them think that it limits my services to just cutting the grass

i dont have any previous customers and nothing really to hold onto except for my car decals but i can replace those real easy

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
what do you mean i wouldnt have to change anything?

and i was partially decided.. i just dont want that to make them think that it limits my services to just cutting the grass

i dont have any previous customers and nothing really to hold onto except for my car decals but i can replace those real easy

I thought you where JK Lawn care or J&K " " before your split from your buddy werent you? Or am I thinking someone else?

What am saying is, is if you were known as JK Lawn Care your really not changing anything but what the J and the K stand for. And if you dont want to be limited be JK Lawn and Landscape or JK Yard Care. Or something else to that effect.

jklawncare
10-10-2010, 10:27 PM
yeah i was but i just dont like the name too much id rather put something that has words..something i can put a motto too..something thats more catchy and not everyone asks what JK stands for..

all i have is the decals and an email
which is cheap and free so i dont have alot holding my name back

plus im afraid of having a bad rep since i dropped my few customers and when kaleb was with he was unreliable

i dont want a bad rep associated with my name so i think it would be best to start fresh

jklawncare
10-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I was playing around with some logos
heres some possibilities for Just Kut since i have already had someone say they liked it

if anyone likes the others let me know.

i took this logo from the templates section because it looks good and steve said hed like it on the side of a truck

Steve
10-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I like the bottom right one the best because the text seems to fit in the area provided, nicely.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Im leaning to top right but bottom right looks good as well like steve said.

jklawncare
10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
if i reduced the size on the top right and added the "lawn and landscape" text from the bottom right into the top would it look good?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
if i reduced the size on the top right and added the "lawn and landscape" text from the bottom right into the top would it look good?

wow that makes all the difference in the world. What program are you using for that anyways. That looks great.

jklawncare
10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
wow that makes all the difference in the world. What program are you using for that anyways. That looks great.

Thanks so much i guess ill go with this unless theres any negative opinions..

and i am using a program called Paint.net

its free

its a mix between photoshop gimp and paint

its sooo easy to use and i use it for just about everything

the only thing i dont like is i cant edit text ones its placed on like you can in other programs where it puts it in a box

so a tip
if you use this freeware

create new layers for all your text just incase you want to make a change