PDA

View Full Version : lookwhat i made today.

B-2 Lawncare
10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I had this stuff in the shop and was looking for something to do while waiting for my mowing crew to come back to the shop. It will come in handy when i am moving trailers a round the yard and this winter i can also put weight for snow plowing and blowing this winter.

Hedgemaster
10-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I SEE what you made, I just don't know WHAT you made.

:D

B-2 Lawncare
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I SEE what you made, I just don't know WHAT you made.

:D

I guess you could say that it is my knock-off of the john Deere i match. In the pic its the (thing) on the three point with a ball to move mowing trailers and a hitch pin to move equipment around the yard. sorry for the bad pics.:D

Steve
10-01-2010, 10:40 PM
That is very creative!

How much weight can you move around with that tractor?

How long did it take you to make it?

B-2 Lawncare
10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
That is very creative!

How much weight can you move around with that tractor?

How long did it take you to make it?

not sure on how much weight i can move around. I tested it out one of my 15' flat bed and it was like nothing was there I then tested it out on one of the aerator that i have it worked great . It took me about 3 hours to make. well worth the time.

picframer
10-02-2010, 05:09 AM
not sure on how much weight i can move around. I tested it out one of my 15' flat bed and it was like nothing was there I then tested it out on one of the aerator that i have it worked great . It took me about 3 hours to make. well worth the time.

Which Tractor is that?

No disrecpect but that is a knock off receiver hitch, not an IMatch.

They are handy, we use a hitch on the front of the GT's as the staff and even I find it easier moving things from the front, something you might want to consider also.

B-2 Lawncare
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Which Tractor is that?

No disrecpect but that is a knock off receiver hitch, not an IMatch.

They are handy, we use a hitch on the front of the GT's as the staff and even I find it easier moving things from the front, something you might want to consider also.

I like it on the back because i can put weight on to help with snow. And all of my guys grew up driving big trucks and have no problem backing,once you master backing a big truck backing one of my 15' flat bed is like playing with a toy.

B-2 Lawncare
10-02-2010, 09:35 AM
something else i would like to do is make the roll-bar on my 2305 fold. I wish my sales guy would have told me that was and folding one.

picframer
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I like it on the back because i can put weight on to help with snow. And all of my guys grew up driving big trucks and have no problem backing,once you master backing a big truck backing one of my 15' flat bed is like playing with a toy.

An IMatch with a ballast box is the answer if you want weight, we simply put the backhoe's on, all I see is a Northern Tool hitch bar with a welded upright to keep the bar from rolling when a trailer is on, how do you see this as an IMatch as it isn't even close.

As for backing up trailers, I drove a 40 foot reefers for my sister when I was 16, that was well over 30 years ago, most of our trailers are 16 to 18 feet and I can out them within 6" of where they need to go, what I was getting at its a hitch on the front can't be beat for some applications, we use the X749's and push 2,800 pound chippers into spots that you would be forever with a rear hitch, granted these are all wheel steer tractors.

picframer
10-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I have a X749 home this evening so I took an image of what an IMatch is and the Receiver hitch.

For readers, Deere makes an attachment for your three point hitch that allows you to back up to any attachment (deere or fronteir) and attach it in seconds without having to get off the tractor or adjust the turn buckles on the lower three point arms. We run these on 7 of our tractors (GT's and Cuts's) as we can go from a landscape rake to a tiller in seconds compared in 20+ min.

Then I took an image of a receiver hitch that attaches to the Imatch to allow you to pull trailers etc.

picframer
10-02-2010, 08:49 PM
something else i would like to do is make the roll-bar on my 2305 fold. I wish my sales guy would have told me that was and folding one.

They are only available on the European units

B-2 Lawncare
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
They are only available on the European units

My JD salesman told me that are available in the US, but they are expensive. Fortunately, I enjoy manufacturing projects in my own shop. I guess it is the farm-kid in me. So I'm planning to do that.

picframer
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
My JD salesman told me that are available in the US, but they are expensive. Fortunately, I enjoy manufacturing projects in my own shop. I guess it is the farm-kid in me. So I'm planning to do that.

That is great, a foldable ROPS is critical on some sites however for Safety, it has to be UL approved or should something go wrong...your insurance may not cover you.