PDA

View Full Version : starting a new business??

T&Rperformancelawncare
09-30-2010, 12:29 AM
I am trying to start a business so far i got about 6 lawns that i cut now weekly i have a day job as of right now.. but next year i am thinking about getting into a few commercial lots they are not to big i not trying to get in over my head and i have got some more residential lots that i have lined up for next year to .. i am wondering what all i have to do like claim taxes? and just the general things i need.. i know i need insurance

thanks Rich

Steve
09-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Welcome to our forum.

This is a really watered down explanation. Keep track of your income and expenses and file it all in your taxes along with your job income. If you have someone helping you file, just present them with your account information from your business and you should be all set.

What kinds of things are you doing to promote your business in order to reach your growth goals?

T&Rperformancelawncare
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
i haven't started to do to much just yet i started making some fliers. i was thinking about some of the things i seen on here like the yard sale to get a bunch of people in the same area and i was also thinking about do the referrer a friend and get a gift card or fee cut..

Steve
09-30-2010, 11:05 PM
That sounds great! Keep us posted on how all those marketing ideas work out for you. I'd love to hear your updates.