PDA

View Full Version : Why having our own businesses is great.

Jack Rabbit
09-29-2010, 07:22 PM
For those having difficulties with your lawn businesses here is a reminder of how great it is to be your own boss and to work outside and why it is worth it to not work in a cubicle.

While working in a rural yard I stopped to see if a storm would pass. Across the basin I can see clouds above the mountains, bright with afternoon sun, and the dark curtain of rain below them. A mile to the east I see the mountain's steep slopes and great cliffs rising two thousand feet above me. Clouds have formed there too. Rain falls in the canyons and on the mountains. There is a rainbow between me and the mountains. It has part of a double arch. Lighting flashes and thunder booms from the mountainside and echoes in the canyons. The smell of lightning is in the air. Birds fly and then settle and soon a light rain starts where I am. Lightning is close now so I get in the truck. Strong wind rocks the truck. Work will wait until tomorrow then. On the way home I see other storms in the distance. Sun rays shine among the clouds and between columns of rain.

Steve
09-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Hi Jack,

That is a fantastic insight! You have to take a camera with you and share with us some of your sights!

In another thread we were discussing why we get up in the morning and do whatever it is we do. What drives us.

What do you feel keeps you going with your business? What drives you? Is it the ability to take in nature's beauty? Is there more to it for you?

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
New Mexico is one of only 4 states I haven't yet visited. I have a biking and hiking trip planned there early next year.

Your description is excellent. I can't wait to see your state.