PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Seeding

picframer
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
This is another landscaping the crew finished, sorry no before pics but this place was a mess, I had to climb a few trees to come down, I wish I had before pictures as you would not believe the difference, the homeowners are shocked as are neighbours.

Anyhow we had it Hydro seeded today with RTF seed, this is our third, the first was two weeks ago and the client mowed the lawn yesterday, really impressed with the results and it is so much easier than sodding and we do not have to worry about wash out.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
This is another landscaping the crew finished, sorry no before pics but this place was a mess, I had to climb a few trees to come down, I wish I had before pictures as you would not believe the difference, the homeowners are shocked as are neighbours.

Anyhow we had it Hydro seeded today with RTF seed, this is our third, the first was two weeks ago and the client mowed the lawn yesterday, really impressed with the results and it is so much easier than sodding and we do not have to worry about wash out.

Looks great, what all goes into hydro seeding? I have a job next year that will probably end up using it.

picframer
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Looks great, what all goes into hydro seeding? I have a job next year that will probably end up using it.

Next year we will offer overseeding but will no longer seed new lawns, we will lay some sod but the Hydroseeding is where I am taking the company.

Google RTF Hydroseeding, it's pretty amazing and my sod supplier managed to get the rights to the province for it, we get super rates as we but so many products from them.

Steve
09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Very interesting! IS this something you are offering now as far as a service or is it something you sub-contracted out?

If you don't offer it now, would you like to offer it in the future or is it too much of a pain to get into unless you have many jobs lined up?

picframer
09-29-2010, 04:29 AM
Very interesting! IS this something you are offering now as far as a service or is it something you sub-contracted out?

If you don't offer it now, would you like to offer it in the future or is it too much of a pain to get into unless you have many jobs lined up?

The truck and machine that does this type of Hydroseeding is about $160,000, it is not a normal setup. I wish I was there when it was done however I am on excavation sites so I only arrive before they leave to inspect and sign off and the staff didn't have a camera.

It's cheaper for me to sub to the company that has the rights to the product, which they do not and I really doubt will, sell it for others to use.

I am using it as it's fast, in three weeks it looks like the place had sod down, it's half the price, no labor on my part other than the prep work, three year guarantee and if you read about this RTF grass you will be shocked, it's what we all dream of.

Steve
09-29-2010, 08:21 AM
When you say rights to the product, is this some kind of special seed that is only sold to authorized distributors in specific areas or how does that work?

picframer
09-29-2010, 07:56 PM
When you say rights to the product, is this some kind of special seed that is only sold to authorized distributors in specific areas or how does that work?

Yes, Google RTF grass seed, its a dream seed and developed in California, my supplier has the rights to Nova Scotia, our province.