PDA

View Full Version : Gravely or Exmark?

D&KLAWNS
09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Gonna buy a mower this month. Looking at a Gravely and an Exmark. Have used Exmarks for years. What do ya'll think about Gravely? Thanks

Steve
09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Can you get one for a day to demo?

Fresh Cut
10-06-2010, 12:30 AM
would love to read input on this because I have all two exmark mowers and I know a guy that has a gravely zero turn and a mutual friend of ours said that gravely is top of the line. I thought exmark was top of the line.

FYI, the mutual friend has at least three exmark machines that I know of and I've never known or seen him with a gravely, or anywhere near one for that matter.

Steve
10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
What does your friend say about why he likes them so much? It would be interesting to hear his view point.

outerimages
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Exmark by far. Owned many different makes of mowers and the Ex is absolutely the best.

turfmaster
01-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Gonna buy a mower this month. Looking at a Gravely and an Exmark. Have used Exmarks for years. What do ya'll think about Gravely? Thanks

I would pick Exmark over Gravely.

FirstClassLandscaping
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
exmark by far and i would look into the diesel exmark. I cut with a 60 and a 72 inch deck and the diesel is just a tank and would do anything you want it to do. But seriously look into the diesel....little more money but way worth it.

Mattcrump
02-01-2011, 01:16 AM
This is what I have been told. I am in Birmingham, Al and Gravely is supposedly really big here on the East Coast. I went to a Toro dealer who also sells Gravely. I asked the same question about what is better... eXmark or Gravely. I was actually told that Gravely is who makes eXmark and both are great but Gravely are even better.

I am no expert that is just what I was told. I am pretty sure I will be buying the new Gravely 48" HD

Mattcrump
02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Also from what I am seeing by everyones replies is that eXmark is a great mower and you probably can't go wrong. Everybody swears by them. However, all of these people replying have probably never owned a Gravely and really don't seem to know. I hear really good things about both

wandfsmall
02-01-2011, 10:04 AM
This is what I have been told. I am in Birmingham, Al and Gravely is supposedly really big here on the East Coast. I went to a Toro dealer who also sells Gravely. I asked the same question about what is better... eXmark or Gravely. I was actually told that Gravely is who makes eXmark and both are great but Gravely are even better.

I am no expert that is just what I was told. I am pretty sure I will be buying the new Gravely 48" HD

TORO makes Exmark not Gravely... Gravely part of Arens Great Dane and Everride. The cut quality is due to setup whatever dealer does the best setup or if a dealer does anything at all to check the setup in cases where nobody else does is the best unit out. I can guarantee that if I setup a Scag, Exmark, Bobcat or Hustler you can not tell the difference in the cut.

kevin_naecker
02-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I just saw your alls post about mowers. i am assuming you are talking about zero turns. every one has there own opinon on what they like. But i have used exmark toro scag gravely etc i own kubota and i think it blows them out of the water. yes they cost more but i have yet to have it brake or anything . they are vertualy maintenance free besides the oil changes greasing belts and blades. i have used mine for 4 years now and havent even replaces a belt. the deck hydrolicly lifts with the tap of your foot so you dont have to strain your self to lift the 3 foot spring on the other mowers that always busted for me. also it has a jack built into the front suspension for easy cleaning and repair in the field. i would recomend checking kubota out.

ritchiem
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I am an eXmark man since 2002 and that is all I have ever run. Nothing beats the quality of the decks IMO...however, that is an ignorant statement as I have never used a Gravely.

For clarification Toro acquired eXmark manufacturing in 1997. Toro doesn't make eXmark they just own the company.

LawnMoore
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I own a Gravely pro turn 260, and with other items, i think its safe to say.

Commercial units are what u need.

They may all be great and they might all last the same amount of time, it could be a user preference that makes one more suitable than another.

Just remember to buy commercial or proffessional units

wandfsmall
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I own a Gravely pro turn 260, and with other items, i think its safe to say.

Commercial units are what u need.

They may all be great and they might all last the same amount of time, it could be a user preference that makes one more suitable than another.

Just remember to buy commercial or proffessional units

Yes but make sure it is really commercial as a rule of thumb you can not buy a commercial machine at a box store or any store that does not service equipment. I do not care if that craftsman says professional it is most likely NOT commercial grade.

950thomas
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I use to own gravely I will not buy one again I run all toro and mark