PDA

View Full Version : Save my Lavender

jasonw
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok so I am a sucker for lavender, I admit it. I love the look, the smell, everything. For this reason when I purchased my house I put a lavender plant under a window in a flower bed out front. I am now wanting to redesign this flower bed and want to remove the lavender but save it. Its been in the ground for 2 years and the base is about 4" diameter. I really dont want to dig the entire thing up but what ells can I do? Put a clipping in root tone? If I hack it all the way to ground level will it grow back? Maybe just kill it and buy a new one? Any suggestions?

Steve
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I haven't experimented with lavender, but I would think if you didnt want to dig it out, then try to get some clippings to grow.

The problem with that is it will probably take a long time for those clippings, if they take, to get to the size of the current plant.

If you don't want to wait, then maybe you can get a good price on them now at the end of the season.

LawnMoore
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Man up, and dig it up :rolleyes:

Get yourself a 5 gallon bucket or a larger bucket from a nursery or garden store. Transplant it in the bucket but make sure you have some drainage holes if you use a standard 5 gallon bucket.

Water it untill you can get your flower bed re styled.

If i were you i would try to save it, after all you love it right?