PDA

View Full Version : How to find Irrigation Heads?

Buck's Landscaping
09-25-2010, 12:00 PM
I have a client that I picked up and asked me to locate her sprinkler heads. She gave me a hand drawn diagram of where she thought the heads were. I located a few but the ones located were 3in. under overgrown grass. I f anyone could give me a few suggestions that would be helpful thanks.

Steve
09-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Would a wire and valve locator help you?

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/PRO-700-Armada-Tech-Wire-and-Valve-Locator-p/pro-700.htm

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a client that I picked up and asked me to locate her sprinkler heads. She gave me a hand drawn diagram of where she thought the heads were. I located a few but the ones located were 3in. under overgrown grass. I f anyone could give me a few suggestions that would be helpful thanks.

I know it sounds like a smart a$$ comment but mow the grass. then look for the heads?

FloridaBoy
09-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Same as Mountainview, not to sound like a smart ***, but is the system operational?
kick the system on and......well look for the heads.
If it is not operational, theres another hole job to make money on.

brian'slawncare
09-25-2010, 10:01 PM
totally agree.

mow the grass at a low height. then turn the system one and find the wet spots and that should give you a good idea

Buck's Landscaping
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I have mowed the grass to its sustainable height (centipede) and the system she says has not been in working order for two years i have thought about turning the system on and trying to locate the wet spots with her diagram. But it's a whole other job however its like hunting with a diagram that isn't much help. But thanks for the replys back.

Steve
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Would there be enough metal in the valve to set off a metal detector?

I bet that could be rented or even a valve locator could be rented.

Buck's Landscaping
09-27-2010, 03:33 PM
The heads I have located are rain bird and the metal detector I have would not pick up the metal screw

FloridaBoy
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Then dont stress finding the heads. Unless she wants to get the system running, the hell with finding them.
Or you tell her that it will be an additional fee to get it up and running in order to locate them.
Customer is always right, UNTILL they are WRONG. haha:D