PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Wanna Hear from Other Women in this Biz

luvgreen
09-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi.

Been out of work long time, little prospects available. Always had a dream of my own biz anyway, love to be outdoors and this lawn biz might be a good intro biz to another dream of ours, a small landscape nursery, still way down the road.

I would love to know how many of you here are women in this business, if you would do it all over again, feel you are making a good living, how long it took to get there and maybe how -I am presently clueless.

I am in Texas.

Thanks.

Connie

Steve
09-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome to our forum!

There are a bunch of business owners on here that are women.

What got you interested in running a small nursery?

luvgreen
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
...your welcome and quick reply.

In my never-ending search for a biz of my own and a way to maybe make our 16 acres produce some income some day, I stumbled on Mike McGroarty's group that are new nursery owners and would-be's under Mike's guidance.

However, we aren't in a position to start that yet, not having sold the house in city yet, investment income a little short, and our small effort to start a few plants from long-distant comute -score is...Ferrel hogs, 2; cottontails, 6; hay rats and field mice, 10; weeds, 20; us, 0!

Connie

Steve
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Had other business ideas interested you so far in your search? If so, what other ideas were you considering?

I have heard corn mazes, especially this time of year do really well. That is something you could potentially do as well.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Had other business ideas interested you so far in your search? If so, what other ideas were you considering?

I have heard corn mazes, especially this time of year do really well. That is something you could potentially do as well.

she would have had to have planted a few months ago for that though. I too would like to start my own nursery so let us(me) know how it all goes especially while owning/operating a landscape company.

Steve
09-24-2010, 06:01 PM
What plants would you get started with?