PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Lawn Franchise

CloseCuts
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone here owns this franchise and if so how are you doing with it? The reason I ask is because i'm looking into joining.

Steve
09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
What got you interested in potentially switching over into a franchise?

CloseCuts
09-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I actually found it on the top of this site the other day. I just wanted to see what they were about. I'm always looking for that extra boost to take me to the top. This might be it or it might not be. It doesn't hurt to look though> so i was just wanting to see if there was anyone on this site that has joined this franchise or even another franchise??

Steve
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen too many franchise owners chatting on the forum here. I would figure that is because they aren't trying to experiment as other entrepreneurs are.

It would be interesting to see if they would give you some kind of income range their average franchise owners are able to make. That could help you figure out if it would be a step up or not from where you are at now.

jymie
09-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Franchises always require that you give them a franchise fee. Usually in the 10's of thousands of dollars, more like $50,000 or more. Seems alot to me.

Steve
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I am sure the company could be contacted and you could get an information packet that would explain the fees. You could probably talk with other franchise owners as well to hear their view on the company.

Do you see many franchise lawn service businesses in your area or no?

jymie
09-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Here's a link to their virtual brochure. They want $48,000 plus monthly fees for things like vehicle insurance and leasing, advertising etc.

http://www.discoveruslawns.com/

If you have that kind of change, you probably don't need to get a franchise IMHO...

Rodriguez11
11-27-2010, 11:49 AM
How can someone even guarantee you jobs around your area with a landscape franchise? Do they do the work of getting jobs for you or what, cuz $50,000 a month is a ton of money to pay out especially just jumping into it. I have seen 1 US Lawn truck around here and it hardly moves. And if it does, i have never seen him with his trailer behind him. Seems better to just work a few years building a company and be true owner of it when the money starts rolling in.

jymie
11-27-2010, 09:52 PM
It's not $48,000 per month, that is just the franchise fee. But they charge an amount per month to cover the additional costs.

Rodriguez11
11-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh whoops, i didnt read that right sorry.. $48,000 for franchise fees sounds a lot better than that much for the month..

picframer
11-28-2010, 06:03 AM
I personally think a franchise operation has it's place in many industries, the largest benefit I see is you are buying into an established name that the prospect is familiar with.

At the same time, I would think $48,000 "could" buy up a few small operations and allow you to expand your business. One has to weigh whether or not the franchise would be a better investment. Paying monthly royalties for sales has never turned my crank, I am the type that will go after the market or buy up smaller operations and eventually sell.