PDA

View Full Version : Bought some tires for the pick up

B-2 Lawncare
09-22-2010, 10:07 PM
well i spent a $ 1000 on new pickup tires. That stinks but with snow about to fly i needed them. I could have bought some cheap ones but i feel tires are like equipment you get what you pay for.

Hedgemaster
09-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Heck, even the "cheap", off-brand tires are expensive these days. I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos that need replacing to pass inspection in a few weeks, and since money is tight, I priced some of the cheap tires, and found that I would only save about $80. (on 4)
When I considered how poorly the no-name tires handled on snow/ice and how quickly they wore out (I had a set prior to the Bridgestones), it was a no-brainer - buy the quality tires again.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Heck, even the "cheap", off-brand tires are expensive these days. I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos that need replacing to pass inspection in a few weeks, and since money is tight, I priced some of the cheap tires, and found that I would only save about $80. (on 4)
When I considered how poorly the no-name tires handled on snow/ice and how quickly they wore out (I had a set prior to the Bridgestones), it was a no-brainer - buy the quality tires again.

Ouch.... in and out little over $700. 4 BF Goodrich Commercial All Season. Obviously I wasnt looking into snow being Im in the middle of the desert but there has to to be a better deal then $1000 plus. I had to work for it to be $700. Discount Tire beat Costco's price. plus waited for the tires to have a rebate. so what should have been $800+ dropped $100.

Plus worked out a deal for my bro to buy my old tires off me. Did want the load range "c" that were on there.

B-2 Lawncare
09-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I bought the cooper A.T. they are supposed to be 50,000 miles tires. I guess we will see. I pull a mule trailer to the Mt every other weekend. and a little off roading . I had some pro comps and they were great but i didn't get that many miles out of them. I also asked about some tire chains for my 2305 and they were about $15 more than what john dreere wants.

Steve
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Has anyone priced their tires on tirerack.com ? Were they cheaper on there?

Hedgemaster
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM

I've priced two specific tires there, and they do have good prices, even after factoring in shipping - BUT, a local "mom and pop" tire place was able to match and/or beat them by a small amount, and I prefer to shop locally.

Anyone who buys from a place like NTB or Sears (same thing), or any of the large chains gets bent over and screwed good - whether they know it or not. "Buy 3 get 1 free" my a$$.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-24-2010, 06:09 PM

I think it varies tire to tire. But for what I was looking for tirerack had good prices but after shipping was more expensive. My buddy saved a lot of money buying his tires on tirerack for his mustang though.