PDA

View Full Version : Central California

silvaslandscape
09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Thank you for this opportunity to join this forum. My brothers, father and I own www.silvaslandscape.com. Between all of us we have degrees ranging from business to Landscape and Nursery Management. We decided to combine our knowledge and make a decent living. We are not here to compete or take anyone's business, we are just trying to make a living like most of y'll. Any advice I would appreciate it, any business questions feel free to ask me.

Steve
09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Which areas of business are you looking to improve upon? If you could change 3 things about your business now, what would they be?

silvaslandscape
09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Since my brothers and I took over, we want too concentrate commercial accounts. Residential really are our bread and butter, but my old school faather doesn't know how to run a business. So now we are focusing on commercial, use the schooling to be an excellent Real Gardening. My brother could be considered a Master Gardener, but as you well know he cant advertise for that. We don't work on construction unless it is an established client. I have a degree in Business Management and your templates are excelent. We don't get snow in our area but what we do get is fungi and pest. We avoid City contracts, not worth it,. my ultimate goal is attend medical school. in the mean time we have we want to now how to live the american dream

Steve
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
That is very interesting!
Residential really are our bread and butter, but my old school faather doesn't know how to run a business.

What is your view on how he doesnt know how to run a business? It sounds like he has run the business for a long time. Maybe part of it is that you two have different views on what running a business is?