PDA

View Full Version : John Deere LA115 engine stalling out.

Baloney72
09-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I have a John Deere LA115 riding lawnmower that im having trouble getting started. When I have the lawnmower on choke it starts fine but when I move it to Run it sputters and stalls out. Anybody have any idea as to what could be causing this and also what area of the engine do you recommend I start looking at 1st. I appreciate any help anyone can provide.THANKS!

Steve
09-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Did you change the spark plug and maybe empty the gas and use some new gas? That might do it. How long has it been sitting for?

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Check and clean/replace your multistage air filters.

With the dry weather we've experienced this year, you have probably mowed in some very dusty conditions. A clogged air filter can completely prevent your engine from running.

Proper air filter maintenance is the least expensive engine maintenance you can perform to keep your equipment running right.

Let us know what you find.

Keith
Start A Lawn Care Business (http://www.StartALawnCareBusiness.com)

picframer
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I have a John Deere LA115 riding lawnmower that im having trouble getting started. When I have the lawnmower on choke it starts fine but when I move it to Run it sputters and stalls out. Anybody have any idea as to what could be causing this and also what area of the engine do you recommend I start looking at 1st. I appreciate any help anyone can provide.THANKS!

Take it to the dealer, do not infer you are a lawn care business, this is a low end entry residential mower.

CCS & LC
11-28-2010, 10:00 AM

i am sure this has been fixed by now but here is another quick fix to that problem . The LA mower i have will stall out like you said if the gas cap is on too tight .