PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing some answers...

Tomcat
09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi, Everyone..

I'm in Gilbert (Phoenix), Arizona. Lawn mowing all year round!! I'm a newbie at this. Been mowing lawns since it was my chore as a kid. Now in my 40s and going to be making it my living. Lots that goes into this. Much more than I imagined.
My question is about marketing. I don't have much money starting off. Most of it went into getting my very basic equipment. What is the best and cheapest way to get the word out. I'm gonna be going door to door talking with people and giving out my card and flyers. Hope that is effective. And also talking with everyone I know.
I really appreciate all the help on this forum and want to return the favor later when I'm more experienced.

Thanks, Tom

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi, Everyone..

I'm in Gilbert (Phoenix), Arizona. Lawn mowing all year round!! I'm a newbie at this. Been mowing lawns since it was my chore as a kid. Now in my 40s and going to be making it my living. Lots that goes into this. Much more than I imagined.
My question is about marketing. I don't have much money starting off. Most of it went into getting my very basic equipment. What is the best and cheapest way to get the word out. I'm gonna be going door to door talking with people and giving out my card and flyers. Hope that is effective. And also talking with everyone I know.
I really appreciate all the help on this forum and want to return the favor later when I'm more experienced.

Thanks, Tom

Congrates to the fellow Arizonan starting ur business. I cant tell you too much being dirrect competition but find as much free stuff on the internet has paid off more than any flyer stuff that I done. But you may have more success than me so dont let that stop you.

Again good luck.

Steve
09-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Gilbert,

Welcome to our forum!

You seem to be right on track. When you have little money to market, you want to harness your time and meet as many people as possible. Try getting your family members as customers. Try getting your neighbors and then spread your social network outward through theirs.

Utilize free classified sites like craigslist. Also read my blog http://www.lawnchat.com for more ideas.

Keep us posted on how everything is going.