PDA

View Full Version : Natures Lawn Set up... What do I need?

cmpenn67
09-15-2010, 08:43 AM
After alot of research i've decided i'm going to start carrying the product to do aeration instead of doing Core Aereation. My question is what kind of sprayer could i get away with without spending a ton of money on it. The majority of the yards are between 5,000sqft and 10,000sqft. Could I get away with using a 2.5 gallon back pack sprayer? or would I need to carry a tank and sprayer in the back of the truck? I don't want to spend a ton of money right away as I'm going to try and feel out this market around here. Any info would be much appreciated.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
After alot of research i've decided i'm going to start carrying the product to do aeration instead of doing Core Aereation. My question is what kind of sprayer could i get away with without spending a ton of money on it. The majority of the yards are between 5,000sqft and 10,000sqft. Could I get away with using a 2.5 gallon back pack sprayer? or would I need to carry a tank and sprayer in the back of the truck? I don't want to spend a ton of money right away as I'm going to try and feel out this market around here. Any info would be much appreciated.

The back pack sprayer would take forever. Cheapest way if your trying to feel it out is a hose end sprayer.

cmpenn67
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Do you know how much money I could expect to spend?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Do you know how much money I could expect to spend?

Well I tried to get the best deal I could on ebay. So I spent maybe $30 on 2 gilmour brass hose end sprayers. and another $30 on 100ft of industrial 3/4 in hose. Needed fittings so total 65-75$. If i bought retail would have been atleast 200 i think cause that hose is like radiator hose material.

So if you want cheap and dont want to play the waiting game with ebay. then go to home depot and spend i think 25 for the ortho hose end sprayer. and i think its about a $ a ft at hd for the goodyear hose so 100 for that. Or go with the cheap stuff. Depends what you are looking for. and how cheap you want to go. but you get what you pay for.

Also depends on size of property %85 of the ones I do 100ft is enough from any corner of the house. I dont do commercial as of yet so I havent crossed that bridge.

cmpenn67
09-16-2010, 10:45 AM
excuse my ignorance on this....but did you attach that to a tank with a pump in the back of the truck? or how do you do it?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-16-2010, 07:44 PM
excuse my ignorance on this....but did you attach that to a tank with a pump in the back of the truck? or how do you do it?

hose end sprayer is attached to the hose bib on the house.

cmpenn67
09-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh ok....So you use customers hook ups...Do you ever run into any of them caring that you use there water? Do you explain to them in the first place that you are using their water?

If you don't mind me asking what do you charge per square foot? and do you put them on a program or do they just pay as they want it?

Thanks for all your help!!

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh ok....So you use customers hook ups...Do you ever run into any of them caring that you use there water? Do you explain to them in the first place that you are using their water?

If you don't mind me asking what do you charge per square foot? and do you put them on a program or do they just pay as they want it?

Thanks for all your help!!

I havent had a problem yet with someone caring. You really should be reading the hey guys you need to get into t his post, we are talking about the same stuff. Anyways yes I do explain but sometimes I do forget to directly say we are using you water. But I would never use their hose.

I charge currently. $25/1k sq ft(changes after so many 1ks). That includes aerify, NM, BD, and Fert for lawns. As I said before it varies in amount slightly for each yard.

And I would love to put them on a program but I have not marketed that correctly or sold i correctly or both. So as it stands its pay as you want it.