PDA

View Full Version : Need help from fellow NC lawn care professionals!

CanadayLandscaping
09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, this is a question going out to all the North Carolina Lawn Care guys. I've started my own business, but I am getting conflicting advice from the government and my accountant. According to the North Carolina websites I need a state business license, however, according to my accountant, all I need is an EIN number (which I now have). I bid on a job tonight, and one requirement is that I'm licensed and insured. Am I licensed? I don't know!!! HELP!

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, this is a question going out to all the North Carolina Lawn Care guys. I've started my own business, but I am getting conflicting advice from the government and my accountant. According to the North Carolina websites I need a state business license, however, according to my accountant, all I need is an EIN number (which I now have). I bid on a job tonight, and one requirement is that I'm licensed and insured. Am I licensed? I don't know!!! HELP!

Lol its both kinda. The EIN is a tax ID number from the government. But you only need one if you have employees.

To do business you have to have a business license. This license is not the license when they ask if you are licensed and insured. The license is to do any of the work you bid on(sprays, maintenance, etc.). Depends on the state what you need to be licensed for though. I.E. here in AZ you dont need a license for maintaining a property.

Hope that helps(even though im not from NC):).