PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy on The Block

tomslawncare
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey gang, my name is Tommy and I come to you from Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Just getting into lawn cutting and general landscaping, a friend of mine started up his business last year, mentioned to me this year that he is getting too much business and wants to stick with his Toronto customers. SO I said I would take over the Durham area where I am. Well things went back n forth and basically he has not shared anything, including money for work I have done with him... Go figure... SO here I am. Going to give it a go myself.
I have extremely limited funds, so I got my in-laws push gas lawn mower and cordless trimmer and cart that around in the back of my HHR. Not the most professional looking item.
Well low and behind I make a phone call to my wife's Uncle for a different personal family matter and he has sitting there a 12 X 6 enclosed trailer, 2 riding lawn mowers, a 42" never been used snow blade and some other goodies that he does not have the time to use as he was going to go into the business himself. So lucky me, he is delivering it all to me by the end of this week for my own business to grow with.
I am super grateful, except I don't have vehicle strong enough to pull such a trailer. So working on that problem next. If I get customers in the mean time with properties big enough for the riding lawn mower I will rent a trailer.

On the personal side of the note... I am a 44 year old Husband and Father of 3 of my own girls and one step-daughter. My wife and I run a business called The Planogram Busters which basically we go into stores and do product relines for a fee.

I am looking forward to getting this lawn care business going and showing my gratitude to the Uncle for his generosity.

Tommy of

Tom's Lawn Care
Whitby, On. Canada
www.tomslawncare.plangrambusters.ca
wecutgrass@live.ca

Steve
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Tommy,

Welcome to our forum! It's nice to have you here.

My wife and I run a business called The Planogram Busters which basically we go into stores and do product relines for a fee.

What are relines? How did you get started in this and what are your thoughts on it compared to the lawn care business?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Score on the equipment and good luck with the business.

On the personal side of the note... I am a 44 year old Husband and Father of 3 of my own girls and one step-daughter. My wife and I run a business called The Planogram Busters which basically we go into stores and do product relines for a fee.

Also how much business do you get from doing that? Most stores have their own crew that works that dont they? Atleast thats what I did for Target for a while.