PDA

View Full Version : Dry!

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Is anyone else having a dry September?

We got a touch of rain a few nights ago but not enough to even make the ground wet. All the trees are stressed this year. It's going to make for an interesting leaf raking season.

Keith

Steve
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Keith,

How does the tree being stressed effect their leaf fall?

LawnMoore
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Seems Dry in Florida as well, i guess the cat 4-5 hurricane will punch up the atlantic instead of hitting here. Maybe it and the one behind will bless Florida with some rain tho.

Chachi
09-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I haven't done much of anything since the 2nd week of august. maybe cut my customers once. Nothing is growing everything is dead.

Hedgemaster
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I haven't done much of anything since the 2nd week of august. maybe cut my customers once. Nothing is growing everything is dead.

I can certainly vouch for that.
I need a dust mask to mow my "lawn".

Heck, I think even the crabgrass is struggling this year. ;)

marks500
09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Is anyone else having a dry September?

We got a touch of rain a few nights ago but not enough to even make the ground wet. All the trees are stressed this year. It's going to make for an interesting leaf raking season.

Keith

A Dry September??? Try a Dry Summer! Here in my Part of GA We got rain maybe 5 days this Summer. I started doing Leaf Clean-ups at the begging of Sept. and its still 90 Degrees out here... Its Crazy!

picframer
09-14-2010, 04:13 AM
This has been a desperate tough year for us when it comes to new lawns, I don't recall a summer so hot and so dry, sod becomes stressed, gets rust and there is next to nothing one can do. It was excellent for pressure washing, tough tree cutting due to heat but all in all another great summer and this fall the weather is perfect.