PDA

View Full Version : Question about Stihl Br600

marks500
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a few BR600's. The Trigger has gotten a little soft on me. You have to push it in about half way before it starts Idleing up. I opened it up and I can see the cable is loose or Stretched. Now that I see that, I know my BR's are not running Full throttle like they should. Anyways my Question is, Is there a way to Adjust them to make them Tighter or do I have to get new Cables? If so where?

I havent worked on Br600s much besides normal maintenance so I dont know to much about them yet.

Any Help or Suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
09-13-2010, 01:37 PM
How much play in the cable are you dealing with?

If you still have one apart, can you post a pic of it?

marks500
09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
How much play in the cable are you dealing with?

If you still have one apart, can you post a pic of it?

Well from what I Figured out, there is a Small Screw in the trigger handle you can Tighten and it Pulls the Cable Tighter giving it more Juice.

I have about 7 Br600's, One of them is taken apart right now, Just using Parts off it right now. I can get Pics of anything you need.

I have used all the other Brands, And the Stihl Br600 is hands down the Best Blower you can get for your Money. I have some that are 4 years old and still running strong. They are Light, Easy on the ears, and always start on first pull. And pretty good on fuel.

I have 2 of the Redmax EBZ8000 blowers, They just sit there and never get used, They weigh to much and too big and Bulky!

Steve
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Was the screw able to deal with the tension issue or was there just too much slack for the screw to be able to deal with that play?

marks500
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Was the screw able to deal with the tension issue or was there just too much slack for the screw to be able to deal with that play?

Yes the Screw in the handle Did tighten the Cable. It has much more Power but you have to have a Small Flat screw dirver with a Thin blade. I only screwed mine in a little Bit, You can screw it in really far but then it Sounds like to much power almost over working the Blower. But it is an easy way to adjust the cable. It seems to be a common Problem(The cable needing adjusting) Because all the blowers I have need a little adjustment. I guess all cables stretch a little sooner or later. I cant Complain my blowers are 2 and 3 years old now and Running strong. But now that I know how to do it its not a big deal.

Sometime here soon I am gonna Tear an Extra Br600 apart Completely. It is one that I dont use that is in great Shape just seems to be leaking Grease from a Gasket. Sometimes the Blowers, just taking them Completely apart and giving them a good cleaning makes a world of difference running wise.

Steve
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
When you do, take some pictures and post them so we can see what you found.