PDA

View Full Version : New guy

fishinmedic
09-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi, my name is Rick and I'm addicated to snow.:D I live in Northern WI and just bought my first plow(Blizzard 8600SW). I used to sub for a guy when I was in High School and until recently plowed with a quad for 4 accounts. Looking to keep small at first and see how it goes. I have 8 accounts lined up, just need to get the whole contract/legal stuff figured out.

LawnMoore
09-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Rick.

Most of us can give you great tips, however for the legal stuff you will most likely be under state specific guidelines, and should talk to someone at your county courthouse or city hall. Just tell them, hey i am interested in offering snow plowing services.

They should be able to help you with every legal matter you need.

Then your insurance is pretty self explanatory, just call around to insurance companies and tell them the same thing, your wanting to start snow plowing. Get some quotes and shop around.

I wish you luck.

Oh we have some contracts in the forum, if you look around hard enough you will find them.

Steve
09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Rick,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you checked out our free contract section here http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
There are some snow plow contract samples.

What kinds of things have you been doing to market your snow plowing business?

fishinmedic
09-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Mostly word of mouth. I just secured another residential account for this year today. I thought about advertising, but am leary on getting too much business too soon. I don't want to get over my head as I do have a full time job to do. I have taken care of the insurance part, and now need to figure out the contract portion. Are there any computer programs specific to snowplowing business out there?

Steve
09-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Are there any computer programs specific to snowplowing business out there?

Why not download our free 30 day trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software (http://www.gophersoftware.com) it should work well with your business.

fishinmedic
09-14-2010, 12:21 AM
How are the contract portions of that software?

Steve
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
What do you mean by contract portions? It doesn't create a worded contract, it is a scheduling and billing software. To create a contract, I would review the free contracts on this site and then edit one of them to fit your needs.