PDA

View Full Version : Any Natures Lawn Prices?

LawnMoore
09-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Can anyone that uses Natures Lawn products tell me how much you or anyone charges for applying lets say 10,000 sq ft or thats basically 1/4 acre on these products? from there i can figuere larger lots by multiplying.

Any price on each of these?
Aerify-

Natures Magic-

Bio Fertilizer-

Fish Emulsion-

Any prices you guys can help me with so i can see about how much i can or should make.

Thanks a bunch.

swstout
09-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Can anyone that uses Natures Lawn products tell me how much you or anyone charges for applying lets say 10,000 sq ft or thats basically 1/4 acre on these products? from there i can figuere larger lots by multiplying.

Aerify-

Natures Magic-

Bio Fertilizer-

Fish Emulsion-

Any prices you guys can help me with so i can see about how much i can or should make.

Thanks a bunch.

Pricing really depends on your area and what it is willing to pay. Aerify is another product you should carry. The going price for core aeration here is about $15/1,000 sq. ft. I aerate (Aerify) Fertilize (16-4-8) and treat Soil (Nature's Magic) all at the same time for $15 per 1,000 sq. ft.

I did a 12,000 sq. ft job yesterday for $180.00 + tax and a $20.00 travel fee. On job time - about 90 minutes with a material cost of about $24.00.

You just have to price according to compitition. As the economy has gotten worse, the price has shrunk!

Steve

LawnMoore
09-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Aerify is in that list.

Thanks for that info, thats about exactly what i was looking for.

Something i can work with, thanks

What about this corn glutton? is it offered from Natures Lawn? and what about the price you charge?

swstout
09-08-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.ictorganics.com/

picframer
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Aerify is in that list.

Thanks for that info, thats about exactly what i was looking for.

Something i can work with, thanks

What about this corn glutton? is it offered from Natures Lawn? and what about the price you charge?

I get $235 for this mixture on 12,000 sq/ft, takes me about 30 min if I can use our boom sprayers as I spray 10 feet each pass, have a 30 foot wand for tight areas.

LawnMoore
09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
your getting 235 for the mixture of aerify + Natures magic + Lawn Fertilizer? or is that including the Fish Emulsion too?

About what i am thinking, and i will make enough off it, is to just charge 5.00 per 1k square feet for each product. Of coarse aerify is a little more expensive, so if they only get that i might have a 10 per square minimum on it, or just a 65.00 minimum period.

Thanks guys.

Aerify- maybe 7.50 - 10.00 per 1k sq ft

Natures Magic- 5.00 per 1k

Bio Fertilizer- 5.00 per 1k

Fish Emulsion- 5.00 per 1k

More input and opinions or even general discussion on prices and jobs with Natures Lawn Products are always welcomed.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
"or just a 65.00 minimum period."

With all things Ive noticed that you need minimums for everything. Now that doesnt mean you charge $65 for $20 worth of work. But minimums make my world go round or I would be out of business already. Dang penny pinchers.... oh wait thats me too.

LawnMoore
09-09-2010, 06:39 PM

With all things Ive noticed that you need minimums for everything. Now that doesnt mean you charge $65 for $20 worth of work. But minimums make my world go round or I would be out of business already. Dang penny pinchers.... oh wait thats me too.

Yea i thought i heard Andy say he had a 65.00 Min on spraying.

picframer
09-09-2010, 07:55 PM

That is correct, no matter what the size it's a min of $65.00, and $235.00 is for all products including Corn Gluten

LawnMoore
09-10-2010, 09:05 AM
That is correct, no matter what the size it's a min of $65.00, and $235.00 is for all products including Corn Gluten

You apply all of these at the same time.

Is that something you normally do every 1-2 months, or is that usually the first application, and then for the following treatments, its whats needed only?

Or is it a good thing to just apply everything, every treatment?

Fresh Cut
09-13-2010, 02:33 AM
You apply all of these at the same time.

Is that something you normally do every 1-2 months, or is that usually the first application, and then for the following treatments, its whats needed only?

Or is it a good thing to just apply everything, every treatment?

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

I would like to know you guys' spraying regimen. How frequent you spray a regular customer's lawn.

Do any of you spray on a monthly basis? If not, every 6 weeks? Every 8 weeks (2 months)?

picframer
09-13-2010, 05:16 AM
I'd like to know the answer to this also.

I would like to know you guys' spraying regimen. How frequent you spray a regular customer's lawn.

Do any of you spray on a monthly basis? If not, every 6 weeks? Every 8 weeks (2 months)?

Every Lawn is different, has different mixtures, frequency of sprays can vary from every 10 weeks if it's a new lawn to us in bad shape to lawns that are in their second season with us and get sprayed three times a season.

Even lawns that are being sprayed every 10 weeks do not have the same mixture from spray to spray, sometimes it will be heavy in Aerify due to clay, sometimes Natures Magic as the seed needs help and the root system etc.

LawnMoore
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
but like the corn glutton, thats only certain time of year?

Fresh Cut
10-06-2010, 01:20 AM

Ok, I'm not understanding this. Or maybe I am understanding this but can't grasp charging these rates for the property sizes in my area.

Most of my property sizes in the Metro Atlanta area are around 5k square feet. I'm still supposed to charge $65 for the entire lot?

One yard in particular that I have is 0.1084 acre. That's 4,721.904 sq. ft.!.....minus whatever square footage the house takes up. The front yard is like 20x30 feet. The back yard is maybe 30x40 feet.

I'm just saying, what's reasonable for the amount of product we use? Is that even a fair index to measure by(the amount of product we use on a particular yard)?

........taps foot anxiously :confused:

Fresh Cut
10-06-2010, 01:27 AM
but like the corn glutton, thats only certain time of year?

Good question?

I also want to add to it, Does Gluten-8 cover all broadleaf weeds like the Otho products? If not, what does it cover and how does it really inhibit weeds?

*On a side note, Mr. Moore, I wanna punch you for how you got leaves falling on your site. Tight. And it's funny how you listed the things possibly threatened by hurricane damage and you listed "shed" before "children", *shaking my head*. Shows how much you/we value our equipment

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Ok, I'm not understanding this. Or maybe I am understanding this but can't grasp charging these rates for the property sizes in my area.

Most of my property sizes in the Metro Atlanta area are around 5k square feet. I'm still supposed to charge $65 for the entire lot?

One yard in particular that I have is 0.1084 acre. That's 4,721.904 sq. ft.!.....minus whatever square footage the house takes up. The front yard is like 20x30 feet. The back yard is maybe 30x40 feet.

I'm just saying, what's reasonable for the amount of product we use? Is that even a fair index to measure by(the amount of product we use on a particular yard)?

........taps foot anxiously :confused:

I didnt say 65$ should be your minimum but say you sprayed NM, A, Fert for Lawns, and BD. You spent roughly $5 in solution and there for less than an hour. So charge $40 as you minimum. Or find something else to spray to get them up to he $65 dollar mark. Say bushes, trees, garden, flower beds any thing else that could use it.

Fresh Cut
03-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Good question?

I also want to add to it, Does Gluten-8 cover all broadleaf weeds like the Otho products? If not, what does it cover and how does it really inhibit weeds?

*On a side note, Mr. Moore, I wanna punch you for how you got leaves falling on your site. Tight. And it's funny how you listed the things possibly threatened by hurricane damage and you listed "shed" before "children", *shaking my head*. Shows how much you/we value our equipment

... Can Gluten-8 be used as a pre-emergent?

If so, at what concentration?

Fresh Cut
03-11-2011, 04:51 AM
... Can Gluten-8 be used as a pre-emergent?

If so, at what concentration?

bump.......

LawnMoore
03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Im still in the boat with ya, fresh cut..

I have a client who wants her yard done, she has 1 acre!

So im looking at using
2 or 2.5 gallons per month of 16-4-8 fert.
1.5 gallons natures magic per month
.33 gal of aerify
.33 gallons of dethatcher

2.5g fert = 54.95 $
1.5g Nmag = 45.00
.3g aerify = 25.00
.3g dthatch = 20.00

all that total = 150 dollars in product at retial level to do an acre per month.

I charged my client 200.00 for the job, so i make 50 bucks, + the savings i get from buying in bulk.. I should make around 100 per spray if im lucky..

*If i would have charged 15 dollars per 1k sq ft,
that would be 600.00 (My clients would never pay 600.00 per month to have there place fertilized!)

I do save on shipping costs vs andy and swstout, as i live about 50 miles from the factory that makes it!

Im going to stick with 15$ per 1k sq ft, though and see what happens with my next client.

Maybe if they get it 4 times a year instead of every month, tey might go for it on an acre. (WAIT WAIT, 600.00 per acre, theres no way they will go for it, somehow i was thinking i would bump up the next client to 250 or 300 per acre..) not 600, this is strange.

However i can see someone with a 10k sqft lawn going for 150.00 but not on an acre..