PDA

View Full Version : Got blamed for a broken window, and pic of the 2305.

B-2 Lawncare
09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I got a call from one of my commercial clients today asking if i broke the window in their company van. they think that i did it with my weed-eater. I recently took the spark arrester out of my weed-eater. So it sounds like a chain saw. But i am very conscientious of how i run it. If there is one thing about me, i am honest and would say something if i had done it. They wanted to know if i have insurance, which i do. I told the accountant who was calling that she should ask the parents who work there and let there kids hang out there if they did it.
I feel like going in and telling them that i will not weed-eat around the building or the parking lot any more. But this is one of my year round clients so i can't get too snippy with them.
Oh here are some pic of the 2305 i told you guys that i would post a pic or tw0 when i got it. I have had it for about two months now. My computer crashed so i haven't been on here in a while. I have doubled my out put since I got it. I parked my other mower so next year i am going to add another mow crew to the biz.

Steve
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
They wanted to know if i have insurance, which i do. I told the accountant who was calling that she should ask the parents who work there and let there kids hang out there if they did it.

It would have been great if you could have gone over there and looked at the van. Looked inside it and found something sizable that broke the window that the trimmer would have no way of throwing up.

I am sure there are many ways to handle this. Especially when this is a good customer, what are you thinking would be the best way to deal with this? Even if you suspect someone else did it, what should a lawn care business owner do?

Oh and I gotta ask you some questions about your new mower too :D Very nice!

B-2 Lawncare
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
It would have been great if you could have gone over there and looked at the van. Looked inside it and found something sizable that broke the window that the trimmer would have no way of throwing up.

I am sure there are many ways to handle this. Especially when this is a good customer, what are you thinking would be the best way to deal with this? Even if you suspect someone else did it, what should a lawn care business owner do?

Oh and I gotta ask you some questions about your new mower too :D Very nice!

I think the best way to handle this is to let it blow over.

picframer
09-09-2010, 04:56 AM
What attachments did you get for the 2305 and are you putting a loader on? These things are real work horses, my first Deere and I still have her was a 2305, this was before this business, I was tired of hiring companies to do excavation/landscaping, it paid for itself in less than 18 months.

Steve
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I think the best way to handle this is to let it blow over.

So ultimately, if they want to file an insurance claim and you don't feel you did it, should you just let them in order to keep the peace and continue to move forwards with them, or should any concerns be aired before that happens?

B-2 Lawncare
09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
What attachments did you get for the 2305 and are you putting a loader on? These things are real work horses, my first Deere and I still have her was a 2305, this was before this business, I was tired of hiring companies to do excavation/landscaping, it paid for itself in less than 18 months.

Yep i plan on getting the loader at some point. Right now i have the front quick hitch blade and the quick hitch snow blower. I also have the 54" deck. I am going to go buy the 3 point rear blade this weekend. I have a buddy that has a 2305 as well and has a lot of implements that i can borrow. I am looking forward to moving some snow with it this winter.

B-2 Lawncare
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
So ultimately, if they want to file an insurance claim and you don't feel you did it, should you just let them in order to keep the peace and continue to move forwards with them, or should any concerns be aired before that happens?

I am not sure, i had a meeting today with the owner and he is sure that i did it. And i am sure that i didn't. I stopped and had a talk with my insurance guy, He said that if they do file a claim that he would stand behind me. I guess it kind of makes me mad that this guy is so willing to go after me. I am giving him a great deal on his year round care of his facility, and when his sh%^^ landscaping contractor finally got done and left his half a22 job done which i am still fixing, where does he get off. I guess part of me is a little worried about losing a good source of income if i put up too much of a fight.

The Cleaning Doctor
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Just let the insurance companies fight it out. That is why you have insurance so you can stay out of it.

Steve
09-10-2010, 12:52 PM
In such a situation, what can the insurance company do ultimately? Would they fight it because the lawn care business owner said he didn't think he did it? Or would they just say it was an accident and pay it?

B-2 Lawncare
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM
In such a situation, what can the insurance company do ultimately? Would they fight it because the lawn care business owner said he didn't think he did it? Or would they just say it was an accident and pay it?

They will send out there investigator. And from there it's up to the two insurance company's to fight it out.

Steve
09-11-2010, 12:51 PM
At what dollar value do you feel it would be better to just give the customer cash for the incident? Does it ever make sense to do that? Will your premiums go up now?