PDA

View Full Version : My latest Jobs

The Cleaning Doctor
09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
In the first picture we laid a laminate floor in a room built above the garage (i.e. Man Cave)

In the second picture I installed 1x8 tongue and groove on the ceiling of the porch.

Steve
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
That looks AWESOME! I love that type of ceiling work!

Have you been doing services like this for a while now or is this new?

Do you think there is a market for 'mancave' jobs?

The Cleaning Doctor
09-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Not necessarily Man Caves as there are a limited number of opportunities there. I do think that next year I will get into log home restoration. That should be interesting.

This job started out as just laminate flooring and then they added

T&G on porch ceiling
repair roof leaks
build a closet
hardwood floor in kids room
rebuild a table for motor home
replace windows
and
laminate floor in another building.

She also asked the other day if I could build a garage. At least 2 car and maybe 3.

Next week we start work on a 3 acre leveling job. Land slopes too much for kids to play soooo we are going to level and lay new sod. Not at the same house but another job with a foot in the door. Only problem is waiting for the gas company to remove an old line. Where the house sits there used to be a transfer station and they capped the old line and forgot to remove it. This is a major supply line for the entire area. They were supposed to remove the T years ago and take out the line and it never got done. Thank god for locates.

Remember those famous words "Call before you dig"

There were not supposed to be any lines in the back yard. Just goes to show that you never know.

Steve
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
With all these different jobs you are working on, I would think it would give you a great opportunity to expand outwards and see if you like performing certain services over others. Have you found this to be the case?

Which of the services you provide have you liked most or least?

The Cleaning Doctor
09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
With all these different jobs you are working on, I would think it would give you a great opportunity to expand outwards and see if you like performing certain services over others. Have you found this to be the case?

Which of the services you provide have you liked most or least?

Some of the services feed one another. Take for instance sheetrock, Well you have to insulate before that goes up and then paint after wards.

As far as what I like the most, that would have to be wood restoration. I love taking an old neglected piece of wood and making it new again.

I have signed up for some webinars and a seminar for log home restoration starting in a couple of weeks.

Steve
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I have signed up for some webinars and a seminar for log home restoration starting in a couple of weeks.

Oh that should be really interesting!

Do you have a bunch of log homes in your area that you can perform such services on? If so, that would really be a neat skill to have.