PDA

View Full Version : hello all

so_jaded1
08-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi all,
my name is Demetrius and i recently joined up. Im looking to start my first lawn mowing service/business in the state of california so any advice from anyone thats a lil further along will greatly be appreciated.

Steve
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Demetrius,

Welcome to our forum!

When are you planning on getting your business up and running?

What's your next step in the plan?

so_jaded1
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey steve,

Well i have it almost planned out....im going to sell my car to get a decent cargo van, and from that point im going to go get all my equipment i figure im going to need, 2 lawn mowers to start one new one used, a used backpack leafblower, a pretty decent weed wacker,possibly a hegde trimmer, rakes,a back hoe, bags, gloves, etc. Im hoping that i can afford two guys to work with because money is going to be tight at first, one being a family member. i figured out all my expenses, and i wanted to go about the marketing side of things as getting business cards made up and dishing those out around town, and i really like your site here because you have samples of things you can look at such as the customer contract agreement and flyer examples. To keep things brief im really nervous about how things are going to turn out and how clients, that is if i manage to get any will perceive us. This is a business starting from the ground up and i really wanna have a solid foundation from the get go. Alot of negative things start to fill my head like, is this going to work out, will i get clients, guess its just a sink or swim type of deal.

Steve
09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
What is your view on why you are going with a cargo van?

From my experience, those who have gone that route, never liked driving with all those gas fumes and the heat of engines.

Could you pull a smaller trailer behind your car?