PDA

View Full Version : Hello Gopher Forum!

mp2lawnman
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi all, I'm Jared. Just left the Army after 8 years of service now I'm ready to start my dream... mostly. My wife is in the Army for another 2 years THEN we are moving back to WI. So for now while I'm in Virginia, I'm just gonna get my feet wet in the Green Industry. Been cutting lawns since I was 10 but nothing huge, just love to work outside. Look forward to everyone's advice / questions and posts. Drop a line if you feel like!

Hedgemaster
08-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Jared,
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I may not have much advice, but wanted to say "thank you" for your service. (and that goes for your wife as well)

Best of luck to you!

Steve
08-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Hi Jared,

Welcome to our forum!

Tell us about the dream set up? What would you like your business to be doing and looking like in the future?

mp2lawnman
08-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the appreciation Hedgemaster, it's always nice to hear it.

And Steve, the dream set up is running a successful business outside, what better way to do so than mowing lawns? What I'm looking to do here is mostly to cut lawns on base. Unfortunately, I know for a fact that the kids on base cut real cheap and getting into it this time of year is gonna be difficult. But of course I wanna start small, so I'll start by cutting grass and other lawn jobs. Once my wife gets out and we move home, that's when I can establish myself there and expand to irigation, snow plowing, tree and root removal, so many possibilities. So I'm not quite up and running yet, but I will be!

Steve
08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
That is great!

What kinds of things will you be doing to promote your new business?