PDA

View Full Version : My Door Hanger

MAKLawnCutter
08-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Here you go Steve, sorry it took so long, busy moving and relisencing, increasing insurance... bah!

Hedgemaster
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Speaking as a graphic designer - "Nice job".

Hope it does well for you!

Steve
08-29-2010, 12:11 PM
That is very nice!

How did you come up with that design?

Also what is your view of having a price on your door hanger? How often do you find properties that you will have to charge more for? How do you handle that?

mark123
08-29-2010, 03:44 PM
How are you spraying without chemicals?

MAKLawnCutter
08-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Mark - I use all edibles in my sprays. Full organic, they take longer to kick in but, can be adjusted to last longer than normal over the counter chemicals.

My tool box
White Vinager
Lavender Oil
Red Pepper Spray (water and crushed red pepper) Concentrated like crazy!
Ice Cream Salt
Iodine - Depends on the needs of the lawn, breaks enzymes down quickly.
24Gallon Water transport container full of fresh rain water (it rains you open the top and i have a 18" Funnel ontop.)

Steve - I post a price because people LOVE to negotiate so they feel they have the higher hand in the situation. I never go below 25$ for on call cuts just for the fact i have to alter my route and the additional gas.
As you can tell, the ad does say "Average family lot" which is no more than 1/3 acre in my area(s), i charge an flat rate of 50$ per cut per acre because i weed eat with it also. I offer more than anyone and the work shines through :D.

Ill post an ad with my new CL ad on it tonight. As soon as i post it on CL haha.

Matt

mark123
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Mark - I use all edibles in my sprays. Full organic, they take longer to kick in but, can be adjusted to last longer than normal over the counter chemicals.

My tool box
White Vinager
Lavender Oil
Red Pepper Spray (water and crushed red pepper) Concentrated like crazy!
Ice Cream Salt
Iodine - Depends on the needs of the lawn, breaks enzymes down quickly.
24Gallon Water transport container full of fresh rain water (it rains you open the top and i have a 18" Funnel ontop.) ...

I was just saying your door hanger says "Chemical free".
Vinegar is CH3COOH
The primary components of lavender oil are linalool (51%) and linalyl acetate (35%).[8] Other components include α-pinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, cis- and trans-ocimene, 3-octanone, camphor, caryophyllene, terpinen-4-ol and lavendulyl acetate.
Ice Cream Salt is probably NaCl
Iodine is elemental
Heck, even the water is a chemical H2O

I imagine "Pesticide free" would be better in the copy. I'm not being a jerk but I imagine some potential customer will be if they were to point it out. ;)

Steve
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Ill post an ad with my new CL ad on it tonight. As soon as i post it on CL haha.

I am looking forwards to it.

How do you distribute them?

cruzgardening
10-15-2010, 01:58 AM
I was just saying your door hanger says "Chemical free".
Vinegar is CH3COOH
The primary components of lavender oil are linalool (51%) and linalyl acetate (35%).[8] Other components include α-pinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, cis- and trans-ocimene, 3-octanone, camphor, caryophyllene, terpinen-4-ol and lavendulyl acetate.
Ice Cream Salt is probably NaCl
Iodine is elemental
Heck, even the water is a chemical H2O

I imagine "Pesticide free" would be better in the copy. I'm not being a jerk but I imagine some potential customer will be if they were to point it out. ;)

good call but wouldn't most layman not realize that? i mean the people with a bit more of information will probably point out what you did but layman will read chemical free and will assume the chemicals he is talking about are pesticides just a thought.

but i agree with the coment :P

Steve
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Also what about the difference between saying organic vs chemical free?

Does one sound better than the other?

Ultimately doesn't organic mean chemical free or no?