08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Does anyone use Gator Blades?

swstout
08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
They are all I use now. Quality pays!

Steve

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-28-2010, 12:02 AM
My personal opinion is that they are slightly better cutting blades but accel in wet conditions better. Maybe its different with each grass culture but thats what I noticed with the bermuda grass we have here.

picframer
08-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Does anyone use Gator Blades?

I run them and suggest them to all our clients that we do not mow but spray, I probably have well over 90 people with them and have never herd a complaint.

DillonB92
08-28-2010, 08:16 PM
thanks guys how hard are they to sharpen? Where do you buy them?

Fresh Cut
08-29-2010, 04:03 AM
I used them the the entire season last year then I got an Exmark mulch kit for my 36" Turf Tracer HP and it came with the mulch blades.

They are great! I like them just as much and maybe even better than the gator blades.

It may just be that the mulch blades work better with the Exmark mulch kit. I'm not sure.

I'll try some more gator blades soon, I'm going to my dealer tomorrow for some supplies.

MAKLawnCutter
08-29-2010, 06:11 PM
"Quality Pays" - NO JOKE!

I use gator blades on my 36 wright and my 22" Push mowers. Most awesome blades on the market. at 14$ a pop they are pricey but, worth the extra money. I sharpen them about 1/2 as much as usual also so, cuts back on my labor.

Awesomeness Blades, 7guage steel.

Matt

DillonB92
08-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Where do you buy them at i thought i had seen them at lowes but went up there looking for them and they were not there

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Where do you buy them at i thought i had seen them at lowes but went up there looking for them and they were not there

Think I saw them at sears once. They are under the brand name Oregon Blades, not gator. Dont know why but thats what the sticker said on the blades when I ordered them off their website.

SuperiorPower
08-30-2010, 02:36 AM

Your local Power Equipment Repair Shop should be able to help you. They are most likely only available in a shop that also services equipment.

Good luck,
Eli

cleancutlawncare5382
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Think I saw them at sears once. They are under the brand name Oregon Blades, not gator.

I bought a mulch blade at sears in the spring. Not sure if its a Gator but it has the high fins on the back. Works great, lifts the grass and I can hear it mulching.

SuperiorPower
08-31-2010, 01:23 AM
Think I saw them at sears once. They are under the brand name Oregon Blades, not gator. Dont know why but thats what the sticker said on the blades when I ordered them off their website.

Gator blades are made by Oregon. If you see "Gator" blades with any other brand displayed you can bet that they are counterfeits. Gator is not a brand. Gator is to Oregon like Silverado is to Chevrolet, a model of sorts.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Gator blades are made by Oregon. If you see "Gator" blades with any other brand displayed you can bet that they are counterfeits. Gator is not a brand. Gator is to Oregon like Silverado is to Chevrolet, a model of sorts.

well that makes sence

LawnMoore
09-01-2010, 02:47 AM
i think oregon bought out gator blades guys..

i think gator blades was at one time like the tv only buy, and Oregon bought there copyrights..

i might be wrong but it seems like that could have happened..

SuperiorPower
09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
i think oregon bought out gator blades guys..

i think gator blades was at one time like the tv only buy, and Oregon bought there copyrights..

i might be wrong but it seems like that could have happened..

That may well be, however, at this time, Gator is a part of Oregon. Those things are always subject to change.