PDA

View Full Version : Business question needs your advice

Steve
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Here is a business question sent to us from Jonathan.

Please offer him your suggestion.

I am thinking of passing out flyers for a free grass cut with a signed contract to generate a new customer base fast. Do you think this would come back to bite me in the long run? If not any suggestions or knowledge of anyone else doing this?

John/Logo-Mechanix
10-11-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't see how something like that would come back to bite you, if they are signing a contract for say one season of lawn maintenance you are basically giving them one free cut out of it. Kind of like buy 3 get one free, alot of businesses do things like this. The local sandwich shop here gives out cards and each time you get a sandwich they stamp the card and after you get 4 sandwiches you get one free. I have a referral program, if a client of mine refers someone to me they get 10% off their next order as long as the person being referred places an order with me. My only comment would be have the flyer professionally done and printed, it does make a difference.

tiedeman
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Make sure though that in the contract that if they cancel early, then they are either charged for that free cut, or charged a cancellaton fee.

Steve
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I would also think you might not want to give the first cut for free. Maybe have it be the third one or some other down the road so the customer doesnt sign up and get the free cut, then cancel on you.

tiedeman
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree. Have it where the fourth or fifth cut is free.