PDA

View Full Version : Perfectionist from Utah

bryguy514
08-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and loving it so far. I'm 26 have been mowing commercially for 10 years and owned my company for just over 3 years. I currently mow around 60 accounts a week by myself. Im finding the hardest thing for me is transitioning into trusting someone to do quality work for me. I'm a very picky person with even more picky customers, they pay to get the job done right. I'm hoping to learn techniques and tricks to get into the big commercial properties such as churches, businesses, and industrial.

Steve
08-19-2010, 09:00 AM
been mowing commercially for 10 years and owned my company for just over 3 years. I currently mow around 60 accounts a week by myself. Im finding the hardest thing for me is transitioning into trusting someone to do quality work for me.

Welcome to our forum. When you previously worked for an employer, what kinds of things did they do to trust their staff to do the job properly? Could you do something similar?

Are you looking to have someone work with you or are you looking to spin off another crew?

bryguy514
08-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Well previous crews I worked with the owner worked with us making sure the job was done right. Other crews I worked for they just didnt care and eventually lost all there clients, and I think that is why I'm having a hard time trusting someone to do it for me. I want to get a crew that mows while I go do other projects such as sprinklers, fertilizing, and cleanups.

Steve
08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head as far as one of the difficulties of growth. It seems quality standards will never be up to an owner's requirements unless the owner is present or is able to check up on the crews to keep them on their toes.

If you can't be on the jobsite, do you think you will be able to have the time to check up on the crews to ensure the level of quality you want?