PDA

View Full Version : Advice

winosa1
08-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Hey guys, I need some advice. I need a push mower. I have just recently landed some nice,well paying yards that are plush bermuda grass. My ZTR cuts beautifully, but the deck is too large for some of the yards. What I mean is, that there are a couple that have beautiful grass, but the ground has several rises and swags. I cut one for the first time this week and scalped it in several places. My mower has a 48" deck, and it's just too large. I'm trying to be the guy that fixes the cheap cuts, not the one doing them.I'm thinking a 32" or 36" walk behind, but I've never used one. Any suggestions? Maybe even something smaller? What brands? Any help would be appreciated.

cleancutlawncare5382
08-17-2010, 05:43 AM
My next trim mower will be the Toro personal pace.

Chachi
08-17-2010, 07:27 AM
My next trim mower will be the Toro personal pace.

I have one and I hate it. I love Toro but the personal pace blows lol. Go with a commercial Toro or Exmark.

mark123
08-17-2010, 07:35 AM
My next trim mower will be the Toro personal pace.If you're going to use it in a professional setting it's not going to last very long.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
You could look into a Sutech 33in. Most people hate them for commercial work but if its most flatly ground with a few bumps it works great. It does take some work to move it around cause each tire is not independly driven. I like it and seems to have lasted a long time. 02 rebuilt motor last year, Bought it off my cusin and lets just say they dont really take care of their equipment like I do. So for it to have lasted this long in descent shape is a testament to me of their durability. Looking into buying a new one maybe at the beginning of next year.

mark123
08-17-2010, 04:50 PM
... if its most flatly ground with a few bumps it works great. ... That doesn't address the issue stated though. If the ground is flat he could simply use his ZTR.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
That doesn't address the issue stated though. If the ground is flat he could simply use his ZTR.

I thought the issue was to wide a deck it was scalping the high spots. So he wanted a smaller mower and I sugested one. It will be able to handle the bumps. Ive just heard it was horrible for use in hilly areas. Sorry for the confusion.

curtiss
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, I need some advice. I need a push mower. I have just recently landed some nice,well paying yards that are plush bermuda grass. My ZTR cuts beautifully, but the deck is too large for some of the yards. What I mean is, that there are a couple that have beautiful grass, but the ground has several rises and swags. I cut one for the first time this week and scalped it in several places. My mower has a 48" deck, and it's just too large. I'm trying to be the guy that fixes the cheap cuts, not the one doing them.I'm thinking a 32" or 36" walk behind, but I've never used one. Any suggestions? Maybe even something smaller? What brands? Any help would be appreciated.

scag 36'' or bobcat 36''

mark123
08-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought the issue was to wide a deck it was scalping the high spots. So he wanted a smaller mower and I sugested one. It will be able to handle the bumps. Ive just heard it was horrible for use in hilly areas. Sorry for the confusion.
I may have misunderstood your comment. Carry on.

Fresh Cut
09-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Get yourself an Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36". I have one. There is no yard I cannot cut with it, entirely!

Make sure it's an HP, as all HP's are hydro.