PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

jay31
08-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Good morning everyone, my name is Jason. I live in South Fl, a little bit of info on why I joined this forum. My wife and I are planning on moving to the Ft Myers area of Florida in about 9 months. I have decided I would like to open a lawn care business. I figured these next 9 months I can learn alot, but Im sure there is nothing better than field experience. Mainly I have just taken care of my lawn and some family members lawns. But I feel like I could really do well in this business, anything you can guys can do to help me out would be great. Thanks

Steve
08-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum! There is a lot of reading here for you :)

What got you interested in starting your own business?

jay31
08-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Basically right now I do work that involves sitting in front of a computer all day and Im tired of it. Ive always been interested in running my own business and being my own boss. Plus as crazy as it sounds I really enjoy working outside and with my hands, plus I feel doing lawns and lawn maintenance is a great way to stay in shape.

Steve
08-17-2010, 07:55 AM
That is fantastic! What kinds of things will you be doing to get the word out about your business?

jay31
08-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Havent thought about that too much. Basically my main things I need to have in place to start is a truck and trailer of some sort. Right now I drive a car, I have been trying for quite some time to get into a truck but im very upside down on my car. I have the ability to design websites, so website will be one way to get the word out, I plan to have my truck lettered with my business name, number and website. As well as business cards, flyers and door hangers.