PDA

View Full Version : House keepers?

jasonw
08-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Are house keepers and babysitters tax deductible in California?

jasonw
08-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Well never mind my tax person just answered the question for me. The answer in short is NOOOO!!!!!!

lukus223
08-14-2010, 12:13 AM
babysitters are if you have a Dependent savings account through your employer.

jasonw
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
My tax guy told me in my case child care would only be tax deductible if I used a licensed child care facility, So for example if I hire my mother to do it I'm screwed. Sence in my area child care is about $1,800 per month for all three kids there is no way I will hire a facility.

picframer
08-14-2010, 07:30 PM
My tax guy told me in my case child care would only be tax deductible if I used a licensed child care facility, So for example if I hire my mother to do it I'm screwed. Sence in my area child care is about $1,800 per month for all three kids there is no way I will hire a facility.

If you hire someone and they will give you a receipt and they are being hired so that you can make an income, then it is tax decuctible. The burnen of tax payment is on their end, here in Canada as long as you have their social insurance number on the receipt you are good to go.

jasonw
08-15-2010, 05:33 AM
If you hire someone and they will give you a receipt and they are being hired so that you can make an income, then it is tax decuctible. The burnen of tax payment is on their end, here in Canada as long as you have their social insurance number on the receipt you are good to go.

Maybe a Canadian thing? Here in the U.S. I was told no unless it was a licensed child care facility.

picframer
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Maybe a Canadian thing? Here in the U.S. I was told no unless it was a licensed child care facility.

I would suggest you call the tax department, I know when I have a question they have been very helpful.