PDA

View Full Version : Starting in Anderson, SC Advice Please

jcal0914
08-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Hello All,

I am moving to Anderson, SC and want to start lawn mowing, lawn maintenance, and small hardscaping. Hoping this time of the year is not a bad time to start. Any insight of how to go about this time of year starting. Pros and cons.

What is the season like. Months for mowing, planting, etc.

Don't want to step on toes and don't want to take your business. Just looking for some helpful insight guys.

Thanks,

Jeff

Steve
08-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Is Anderson SC the home of the civil war prison Andersonville? I had seen a documentary on that a while back and it still stood out to me.

I would think your mowing season would go into late september/october?

Will you have family contacts where you are moving or know friends there? Can you harness such a network to get the word out about your new business or will you be starting from scratch?

jcal0914
08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi Steve,

Don't think it is the same as Andersonville. But not sure. It is the first city to have major electric to run cotton mill. Called the Electric City.

I do have a couple family members in the area but think I will definitely be starting from scratch. Oh well, will hit it hard.

I will be trying to get some residential accounts and lining up customers for fall cleanups. Will go from there.

Any other info yall have from the south about the seasonal trends would bre much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Steve
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
If you could get a few family members as customers then you could market to their neighbors and build your business out more. Growth always seems to happen faster when you have a core group of early customers.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.