PDA

View Full Version : Master Gardener Programs

cleancutlawncare5382
08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
The local Cooperative Extension office will be offering a Master Gardener program this Fall.

Have any of you used this as advertising your skills??

Steve
08-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Have any of you used this as advertising your skills??

How would you use it like that? What do you mean?

cleancutlawncare5382
08-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Iím looking for more exposure to the community, but not sure if this program fits. Or if I might be misusing the extension office.

The program requires class room study, which would benefit my personal knowledge. But also there are 50 hours of volunteer work, take phone calls and answering question the public might have. Possible other gardening work for the public.

My thought was by answering questions at the extension office I may be able to pin point the needs of my neighbors. Then provide services.

Steve
08-11-2010, 08:45 AM
That is very interesting! I would think they would have some kind of policy on self promotion through the phone calls. Who knows though! Maybe you could let them know about your business!

You mentioned you are thinking about using the phone calls as a way to study your area. That is a very interesting idea.

So if you find you get a lot of calls about ........

Then you could create a marketing campaign to promote such a service that resolves that issue?

cleancutlawncare5382
08-11-2010, 09:29 AM
phone calls as a way to study your area.

So if you find you get a lot of calls about ........

Then you could create a marketing campaign to promote such a service that resolves that issue?

Correct. I plan to let the office know of my intensions and go from there.

I agree. Iím sure they donít want me promoting my business while completing the 50 hours. More to my needs only to understand the community issues.

I will post more as things develop.

Steve
08-12-2010, 04:37 AM
This will be very interesting! I do wonder, could you send a letter to them later to say something to the effect of it was a pleasure talking to them about their property issue and then maybe plug your business? Maybe including a few business cards?